Richard and Caroline Larkins Scholarship
for 3 years
Who is it for?
Where is it available?
Melbourne, Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, City, Mildura, Shepparton
How is it paid?
Professor Richard and Mrs Caroline Larkins wish to support a commencing undergraduate student who is studying in the area of Science, Allied Health or Nursing who demonstrates both academic ability and financial need.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen or a Permanent Humanitarian Visa holder;
- be intending to commence an undergraduate degree in Science, Allied Health or Nursing at La Trobe in 2018;
- meet entry requirments for entry into an undergraduate degree in Science, Allied Health or Nursing at La Trobe;
- be able to demonstrate financial need and/or
- be able to demonstrate educational disadvantage, including but not limited to:
- low SES
- refugee background
- regional, rural or remote background
- non-English speaking background
- disability/ongoing medical condition
- first in family to attend university
- other personal hardship
Please refer to the application form for a list of eligible Science, Allied Health and Nursing courses.
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
- application form which addresses the eligibility criteria
- personal statement outlining personal goals and ambitions and demonstrating financial need
- demonstrated academic excellence
- approval by Richard and Caroline Larkins
- preference will be given to students who demonstrate financial need.
How to apply
Applications for students commencing in 2018 are now open.
To apply for this scholarship, please complete the application form and return by the closing date.
Who to contact for further information
Scholarships Office, firstname.lastname@example.org