Regional Journalism Scholarship
Who is it for?
Where is it available?
How is it paid?
Payment will be towards tuition fee costs and study related expenses
Regional Journalism Scholarships Program - an Australian Government iniative. This activity received grant funding from the Australian Government.
These scholarships have been established by the Commonwealth Government to assist emerging journalists from regional or remote backgrounds undertake studies at La Trobe in the Bachelor of Media and Communication(Journalism) or Bachelor of Media and Communication (Sports Journalism)
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- be an Australian citizen, New Zealand Citizen, Permanent Resident or holder of a permanent humanitarian visa
- enrolled in, or intending to enrol full time in the Bachelor of Media and Communication (Journalism) or the Bachelor of Media and Communication (Sport Journalism) in Semester 2 2019
- have resided in a regional or remote area for a total of at least 3 out of the last 5 years and completed your final two years of schooling in a high school or college in a regional or remote area (regional or remote are defined as all categories other than RA1 on the Australian Standard Geographic Remoteness Areas system map)
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
- personal statement detailing their ambitions in the field of journalism and how the scholarship will assist with their studies
- evidence of academic merit such as academic record
- evidence of having resided in a remote or regional location such as a letter from the school or demonstration of residential address (utilities bills, bank statements etc).
How to applyTo apply for this scholarship, please complete the application form by the closing date.
Who to contact for further information
Scholarships Office, firstname.lastname@example.org