Radford Foundation Second Chance Scholarship
Who is it for?
Where is it available?
Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, Melbourne, Mildura, Shepparton
How is it paid?
The Radford Foundation and Deb Radford wish to support commencing students aged between 20 and 30 years who have been unable to undertake study previously due to financial hardship. Two scholarships of $7500 per annum may be offered for students commencing their first undergraduate course in any discipline.
This scholarship is valued at $7500 per year and is paid in two instalments of $3750 in Semester 1 and Semester 2 after confirmation of full-time enrolment after the census date.
If you receive the scholarship as a part-time student, you will be paid at the part time rate of $1875 for each semester that you are enrolled part-time.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or the holder of an Australian Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- Be intending to commence full-time or part-time study in your first year of your first undergraduate degree, in any discipline at La Trobe in 2018
- Be aged between 20 and 30 years old at the time of application
- Be able to demonstrate financial hardship
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
- application form addressing the selection criteria
- personal statement outlining financial hardship and how this scholarship will benefit your studies
- documentary evidence from appropriately qualified individuals and organisations to support your personal statement and describing the nature and impact of your financial hardship
- approval by Deb Radford
How to apply
Applications for students commencing in 2018 are now open. To apply, please complete the application form and return by the closing date.
Who to contact for further information
Scholarships Office, firstname.lastname@example.org