PhD Research Scholarship in Modern Australian History
Per annum, for three and a half years. Fee relief additional.
Who is it for?
Future graduate researchers, Future PhD candidates
Where is it available?
How is it paid?
This scholarship is offered as part of the Australian Research Council Linkage Project, ‘The ACTU in the Making of Modern Australia.’ It will be awarded to a candidate wanting to study modern Australian history of labour, and is open to any aspect of 20th century labour. Proposals are particularly welcomed that explore women’s or Indigenous labour history, focus on workplace issues and conflicts, or themes of gender, leadership or activism within organisations or communities.
Benefits of the scholarship include:
- a La Trobe Research Scholarship for three and a half years, with a value of $28,092.00 per annum, to support your living costs (2020 rate)
- a fee-relief scholarship for up to four years to undertake a PhD at La Trobe University
- opportunities to work with La Trobe’s outstanding researchers, and have access to our suite of professional development programs.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- meet the entrance requirements for the proposed course
- not be receiving another scholarship greater than 75 per cent of the stipend rate for the same purpose.
In selecting successful applicants, we prioritise applications from candidates who:
- will be enrolled full-time and undertaking their research at a La Trobe University campus
- have completed a Masters by Research or other significant body of research, such as an honours research thesis or lead authorship of a peer-reviewed publication, assessed at a La Trobe Masters by research standard of 75 or above
- are Australian or New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents for Research Training Program Scholarships
How to applyFor details on how to apply please refer to our Graduate Research Scholarships page.
Who to contact for further information
Diane Kirkby, firstname.lastname@example.org