Optus Postgraduate Cybersecurity Scholarships
per year for up to 2 years
Who is it for?
Where is it available?
How is it paid?
La Trobe University and Optus have announced a strategic alliance designed to deliver an integrated, digitally connected campus, a state-of-the-art Sports Precinct of the future; and the creation of market leading Cybersecurity tertiary degrees.
These Optus scholarships will be awarded to the best and brightest candidates pursuing studies in the postgraduate Master of Cybersecurity.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- be an Australian citizen, New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or Permanent Humanitarian Visa holder
- be enrolled in Semester 1 or 2 in 2020 in one of the Master of Cybersecurity degrees at La Trobe University
- be able to demonstrate high academic achievement
- have achieved a minimum Weighted Average Mark or equivalent of 75% in your most recent completed tertiary study
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
- application form addressing selection criteria
- personal statement outlining personal goals and ambitions and reasons for applying for the scholarship
- academic transcripts from previous undergraduate study
- evidence of sufficient relevant work experience (if applicable)
- interview with panel
- Recipients will be required to maintain a Weighted Average Mark of 65 or higher for the duration of the scholarship
- Recipients may be required to attend joint promotional events or participate in promotional activities in keeping with the spirit of the scholarship as reasonably required by the donors and La Trobe University.
- Recipients are required to provide a brief annual report as to their activities and progress in the chosen field of study.
How to apply
Please complete the online application form.
Who to contact for further information
Scholarships Office, firstname.lastname@example.org