Motivational interviewing after hip fracture PhD research scholarship
per annum, for three and a half years. Fee relief additional
Who is it for?
Future graduate researchers, Future PhD candidates, Graduate researchers
Where is it available?
How is it paid?
This prestigious scholarship, established by La Trobe University, will be awarded to an outstanding applicant interested in research using motivational interviewing to support improved rehabilitation outcomes of older community-dwelling adults recovering from hip fracture.
Applicants should have a high level of achievement, including a first class honours degree or equivalent. Applicants from a range of health backgrounds will be considered.
Applicants should have an interest in physical activity, rehabilitation and/or behaviour change. You will work as part of a research team completing a major study of motivational interviewing to increase walking in older adults after hip fracture funded by the National Health and Medical Research Committee.
Benefits of the scholarship
- a La Trobe Research Scholarship for three and a half (3.5 years) years, with a value of $27,596 per annum [2019 rate]
- a fee-relief scholarship for up to four years to undertake a PhD at La Trobe University
- opportunities to work with La Trobe’s outstanding researchers, and have access to our suite of professional development programs
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:- a Masters by research degree in a relevant discipline completed within the last ten years assessed at a La Trobe Masters by research standard of 70 or above; OR
- a Bachelor (Honours) degree, Masters by coursework or ungraded Masters by research degree completed within the last ten years where you achieved a weighted average mark of 70 or above across any coursework subjects; and:
- your degree includes a research thesis of 15,000-20,000 words*; or
- your degree includes a written research component comprising at least 3/8 of one year*; or
- you are the lead author of a peer-reviewed publication or other research published within the last ten years*.
How to applyIf you wish to apply for this scholarship, follow these steps:
- review details on how to apply for candidature
- to identify a potential supervisor, submit an enquiry using our online enquiry system, indicating that you wish to be considered for this scholarship. We will direct this to the appropriate La Trobe staff member
- when you have received in-principle agreement for supervision, complete and submit your application to the La Trobe Graduate Research School (email@example.com) for admission into La Trobe’s PhD program, indicating you wish to be considered for a scholarship.
The University will carefully review your application and consider you for this scholarship.
You will be advised of an outcome in December. It is a requirement that the candidate be enrolled by 31 December 2019.
Who to contact for further information
Professor Nicholas Taylor, firstname.lastname@example.org