Michael Malthouse Elite Sports Scholarship
(1 Year Duration)
Who is it for?
Where is it available?
Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, Melbourne, Mildura, Shepparton
How is it paid?
$5000 per semester
La Trobe is an Elite Athlete-Friendly University and has a strong commitment to sport and the role that it plays in a balanced educational environment. Fostering elite athletes and helping them to play sport whilst studying is a major part of that commitment. La Trobe University has many links with local and international sporting organisations. La Trobe University assists elite athletes in sourcing flexible study means to enable them to continuing performing at optimum level whilst studying.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Be studying Australian Year 12 or IB in 2020, and
- Be intending to enrol in an undergraduate bachelor degree course at a La Trobe campus in Semester 1 2021; and
- Demonstrate high academic achievement; and
- Demonstrate high achievement in their chosen sport; and
- Be currently competing at state, national or international level in their chosen sport. The chosen sport must be recognised by one of the listed organisations* or if not, the applicant must apply to the University for an exception to be made; and
- Be supported by referee reports
*Australian Institute of Sport, State Institutes or Academies of Sport, AFL Players Association, Australian Cricketers Association, Rugby Union Players Association, Rugby League Professionals Association, Australian Professional Footballers Association, National squad members from Australian Sports Commission funded sports.
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
- application form addressing the elibility criteria
- personal statement
- supporting documentation
- endorsement by the La Trobe Elite Athlete Program
How to apply
Please print and complete the application form.
Who to contact for further information
Scholarships Office, email@example.com