LTU Mildura Chances Scholarship
(1 Year Duration)
Who is it for?
Where is it available?
How is it paid?
Chances for Children, Mildura wishes to fund scholarships. Chances for Children was established in 2000 to ensure that all children and young people in the communities of north‐west Victoria and south –west New South Wales have the opportunity to achieve their full potential regardless of their family’s financial circumstances. In 15 years of operation Chances for Children has invested nearly $4 million in assisting 1500 children and young people.
The University is a founding partner of Chances for Children and began contributing financially in 2001. Since this time $193,694 has been invested in 42 young people to enable them to attend La Trobe University, Mildura.
Chances for Children values this partnership as without this support and the support of other individuals and businesses the program could not enable young people in the Mallee to realise their potential.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be an Australian Citizen, holder of Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa;
- Be a student who is studying any undergraduate program full time at the La Trobe University Mildura Campus;
- Be experiencing financial disadvantage if committing to full-time study.
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
- Application form addressing the eligibility criteria; including a personal statement detailing how the scholarship will benefit your studies; and a personal statement of your financial situation (up to 500 words).
- Interview with La Trobe University Mildura and the donors;
- Endorsement of the application by the donors.
How to apply
To apply, please complete the application form and return by the closing date.
Who to contact for further information
Scholarships Office, firstname.lastname@example.org