La Trobe University Research Equity Scholarships
Per annum, for three and a half years. Fee relief additional.
Who is it for?
Future graduate researchers, Future PhD candidates, Graduate researchers
Where is it available?
Shepparton, Mildura, City, Bendigo, Albury-Wodonga, Melbourne
How is it paid?
Applicants must complete the application form for research candidature and scholarship, submit the required documentation and include a 500 word submission outlining the socio-economic or other relevant factors that have hindered their studies. The University will prioritise applications from Australian or New Zealand citizens or Australian Permanent Residents who have attained at least the equivalent of a first class honours degree at an Australian university or recognised overseas university.
Applicants for the low socio-economic background category must provide supporting financial documentation which includes either a copy of their most recent tax return, a Centrelink statement of income, or the payslips for the last three months of employment for each member of their household.
Benefits of the scholarship
- a La Trobe Research Scholarship for three and a half (3.5 years) years, with a value of $28,092 per annum (2020 rate)
- a fee-relief scholarship for up to four years to undertake a PhD at La Trobe University
- opportunities to work with La Trobe’s outstanding researchers, and have access to our suite of professional development programs.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- be an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, or Australian permanent resident
- meet the eligibility criteria for the proposed course.
How to applyIf you wish to apply for this scholarship, follow these steps:
- review details on how to apply for candidature
- to identify a potential supervisor, submit an enquiry using our online enquiry system, indicating that you wish to be considered for this scholarship. We will direct this to the appropriate La Trobe staff member- when you have received in-principle agreement for supervision, complete and submit your application to the La Trobe Graduate Research School (firstname.lastname@example.org) for admission into La Trobe’s PhD program, indicating you wish to be considered for a scholarship.
The University will carefully review your application and consider you for this scholarship, and advice you of the outcome.
Who to contact for further information
Graduate Research School, email@example.com