La Trobe University Offshore Online Bursary
Up to 35% reduction in subject tuition fees
Who is it for?
Future postgraduate coursework, Future undergraduates, International Student
Where is it available?
Sydney, Melbourne, Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, City, Mildura, Shepparton
How is it paid?
The OOB will be applied as a deduction to subject tuition fees while the student is offshore until the Australian border opens. Failure to meet the condition(s) and pay the acceptance deposit on time may result in the withdrawal of the OOB.
La Trobe University is offering the OOB to students who have been disadvantaged by the Australian border closure. We understand that students commencing studies in their home countries are missing out on access to facilities and amenities which may impact their student experience. This is a top-up fee reduction of up to 35 per cent in recognition that students cannot experience the on-campus experience, services and facilities while they are offshore.
The OOB will only be available for the online subjects a student completes while located offshore, and is void once they resume their studies at one of our campuses in Australia.
Students currently living in Australia are not eligible for this bursary.
This bursary will be applicable from Semester 2 2021 onwards and will not be backdated.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- a new, commencing or continuing international student studying offshore online due to border closures
- a citizen or permanent resident of a country other than Australia or New Zealand
- meet all the conditions in the offer letter for new students
- self-funded or sponsored students
- studying or intending to study a Bachelor’s or Master’s coursework program at La Trobe University and be adversely affected by the international (not interstate) border closures
- studying online and must be offshore (outside Australia).
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:Automatic awarding based on the criteria.
Recipient obligationsPlease refer to the terms and conditions included in the bursary letter.
How to apply
- New students will be automatically assessed for the bursary.
- Current students will be contacted by La Trobe University if they are eligible for the bursary. Students are requested to follow the guidelines sent via email to accept the bursary.
- For further inquiries:
Current Students can contact Ask La Trobe
New Student can email LTUGlobal@latrobe.edu.au
Who to contact for further information
La Trobe Recruitment & International Operations (RIO), LTUGlobal@latrobe.edu.au