La Trobe University Industry Research Scholarship – Parade College (Masculinities)
Per annum, for three and a half years. Fee relief additional.
Who is it for?
Future PhD candidates
Where is it available?
How is it paid?
This prestigious scholarship, established by La Trobe University in partnership with Parade College, will be awarded to an outstanding applicant who is interested in exploring student voice and agency, masculinities, and LGBTQIA+ experiences.
Designed in partnership with Parade College, research for this project will be undertaken on site at the school with the final research design to be created in collaboration with key College stakeholders. The project will be nested within a larger body of work investigating the ways in which social, historical and cultural structures enable and/or constrain young people’s agency in schools. Applicants should be interested in exploring one of the following research questions:
- What concepts of masculinity, gender and sexuality are useful for understanding LGBTQIA+ young peoples’ experiences in a Catholic boys’ school, OR;
- How can theory inform pedagogical approaches used in Catholic schools to enable all young people to engage actively, rather than passively, in the schooling process?
Benefits of the scholarship include:
- a La Trobe Research Scholarship for three and a half years, with a value of $28,597.00 per annum, to support your living costs (2021 rate)
- a fee-relief scholarship for up to four years
- relocation allowance and publication/thesis allowance
- opportunities to work with La Trobe’s outstanding researchers, and have access to our suite of professional development programs.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- meet the entrance requirements for the Doctor of Philosophy
- not be receiving another scholarship greater than 75 per cent of the stipend rate for the same purpose
- In selecting successful applicants, we prioritise applications from candidates who:
- will be enrolled full-time and undertaking their research at a La Trobe University campus
- have completed a Masters by Research or other significant body of research, such as an honours research thesis or lead authorship of a peer-reviewed publication, assessed at a La Trobe Masters by research standard of 75 or above
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this scholarship, follow Step 3 on our research application page – please ensure you submit a full application for scholarship and candidature
Please note: As part of your application you are not required to identify a potential supervisor – Jo Lampert, Bernadette Walker-Gibbs and Leanne Higham are the designated supervisors for this project
In your application, clearly indicate that you wish to be considered for the La Trobe University Industry Research Scholarship – Parade College.
- the applicant will be required to have a police check or WWCC prior to commencing the position (to be paid for by applicant)
The University will carefully review your application and consider you for this scholarship.If you are shortlisted for the scholarship and candidature, you will be invited to an interview with representatives of La Trobe and Parade College.
The final decision will be made based on your application and interview. The successful candidate will be made an offer for candidature and scholarship.
You will be advised of an outcome in December 2020.
Who to contact for further information
Leanne Highman, email@example.com