La Trobe University Industry Research Scholarship - New approaches to health promotion in the Wimmera
Per annum, for three and a half years. Fee relief additional.
Who is it for?
Future PhD candidates
Where is it available?
Melbourne, Bendigo, Mildura
How is it paid?
As an applicant you should have an awareness of community health promotion, rural health issues and social determinants of health. The successful candidate will undertake a process evaluation of a new approach to health promotion with the view to increasing equity in rural health in the Western Wimmera Region.
Benefits of the scholarship include:
- a La Trobe Research Scholarship for three and a half years, with a value of $28,092.00 per annum, to support your living costs (2020 rate)
- a fee-relief scholarship for up to four years to undertake a PhD at La Trobe University
- opportunities to work with La Trobe’s outstanding researchers, and have access to our suite of professional development programs.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- an Australian Masters by research degree in a relevant discipline completed within the last ten years assessed at a La Trobe Masters by research standard of 75 or above; or
- an Australian Honours degree, Masters by coursework or ungraded Masters by research degree completed within the last ten years where you achieved a weighted average mark of 70 or above across any coursework subjects; AND any of the following assessed at a La Trobe Masters by research standard of 75 or above:
o a research thesis of approximately 15,000-20,000 words; or
o the degree includes a written research component comprising at least 3/8 of one year;
o you are the lead author of a peer-reviewed publication or other research published within the last ten years
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this scholarship, follow Step 3 on our research application page – please ensure you submit a full application for scholarship and candidature
Please note: As part of your application you are not required to identify a potential supervisor – Dr. Evelien Spelten and Dr. Sean MacDermott are the designated supervisors for this project;In your application, clearly indicate that you wish to be considered for the La Trobe University Industry Research Scholarship - New Approaches to Health Promotion in the Wimmera
Special Conditions:Due to the community-based approach the successful candidate will be expected to be based partly in Nhill, where West Wimmera Health Service is located. Travel between Mildura and Nhill will be required.
Selection process: The University will carefully review your application and consider you for this scholarship. Applications for this scholarship will remain open until 31 August 2020 unless a successful applicants is identified before this date, so please submit your application as soon as possible.
If you are shortlisted for the scholarship and candidature, you will be invited to an interview with representatives of La Trobe and West Wimmera Health Service.
The final decision will be made based on your application and interview. The successful candidate will be made an offer for candidature and scholarship.
You will be advised of an outcome by October 2020
Who to contact for further information
Dr Evelien Spelten, email@example.com