La Trobe University Industry Research Scholarship - Addressing the mental health of people with chronic disease in the Yarra Ranges
Per annum for three and a half years. Fee relief additional.
Who is it for?
Future graduate researchers, Future PhD candidates, Australian Citizen, New Zealand Citizen, Permanent Resident
Where is it available?
How is it paid?
This prestigious scholarship, established by La Trobe University in partnership with Inspiro Community Health, will be awarded to an outstanding applicant who is interested in addressing the mental health of people with chronic disease in the Yarra Ranges.
As an applicant you should have an interest in health services that make a difference to the mental health of people living in the community. Your project will identify the type and scale of mental health concerns of people accessing Inspiro Community Health, and, in consultation with key stakeholders, develop and pilot strategies to address these concerns.
The type of candidature will be matched to the successful applicant, and may include PhD, Masters by Research or Professional Doctorate candidate.
Benefits of the scholarship include:
- a La Trobe Research Scholarship for three and a half years (for PhD or Prof Doc), or for 22 months (for Masters) with a value of $28,854.00 per annum, to support your living costs (2022 rate)
- a fee-relief scholarship for up to four years
- relocation allowance and publication/thesis allowance
- opportunities to work with La Trobe’s outstanding researchers, and have access to our suite of professional development programs.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- meet the entrance requirements for the proposed course
- not be receiving another scholarship greater than 75 per cent of the stipend rate for the same purpose
- be an Australian and New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident
- will be enrolled full-time and undertaking their research at a La Trobe University campus
- have completed a Masters by Research or other significant body of research, such as an honours research thesis or lead authorship of a peer-reviewed publication, assessed at a La Trobe Masters by research standard of 75 or above
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this scholarship, follow Step 3 on our research application page – please ensure you submit a full application for scholarship and candidature
Please note: As part of your application you are not required to submit a research proposal or identify a potential supervisor – Associate Professor Brett Gordon is the designated supervisor for this project;
In your application, clearly indicate that you wish to be considered for the La Trobe University Industry Research Scholarship Addressing the mental health of people with chronic disease in the Yarra Ranges.
Selection process: The University will carefully review your application and consider you for this scholarship.
If you are shortlisted for the scholarship and candidature, you will be invited to an interview with representatives of La Trobe and Inspiro Community Health.
The final decision will be made based on your application and interview. The successful candidate will be made an offer for candidature and scholarship.
You will be advised of an outcome by June 2022.
Who to contact for further information
Associate Professor Brett Gordon, B.Gordon@latrobe.edu.au