La Trobe University Graduate Research Scholarship (LTGRS)
Per annum, for three and a half years. Fee relief additional.
Who is it for?
Future graduate researchers, Future PhD candidates, Graduate researchers
Where is it available?
Melbourne, Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, City, Mildura, Shepparton, Franklin Street
How is it paid?
The closing date for applications is 31 October for Australian and New Zealand citizens and Australian Permanent Residents and 30 April for the mid-year scholarship round. The closing date for international applications is 30 September for and 31 March for the mid-year scholarship round.
Benefits of the scholarship
- a La Trobe Research Scholarship for three and a half (3.5 years) years, with a value of $27,596 per annum (2019 rate)
- a fee-relief scholarship for up to four years to undertake a PhD at La Trobe University
- opportunities to work with La Trobe’s outstanding researchers, and have access to our suite of professional development programs
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:- a Masters by research degree in a relevant discipline completed within the last ten years assessed at a La Trobe Masters by research standard of 70 or above; OR
- a Bachelor (Honours) degree, Masters by coursework or ungraded Masters by research degree completed within the last ten years where you achieved a weighted average mark of 70 or above across any coursework subjects; and:
- your degree includes a research thesis of 15,000-20,000 words*; or
- your degree includes a written research component comprising at least 3/8 of one year*; or
- you are the lead author of a peer-reviewed publication or other research published within the last ten years*.
How to apply
- review details on how to apply for candidature
- to identify a potential supervisor, submit an enquiry using our online enquiry system, indicating that you wish to be considered for this scholarship. We will direct this to the appropriate La Trobe staff member
- when you have received in-principle agreement for supervision, complete and submit your application to the La Trobe Graduate Research School (email@example.com) for admission into La Trobe’s PhD program, indicating you wish to be considered for a scholarship.
Who to contact for further information
Graduate Research School, firstname.lastname@example.org