La Trobe University COVID-19 Emergency Assistance
Who is it for?
1st year undergraduates, 2nd year undergraduates, 3rd year undergraduates, 4th year undergraduates, 5th year undergraduates, Diploma, Graduate researchers, Honours, Postgraduate coursework, Australian Citizen, Humanitarian Visa, International Student, New Zealand Citizen, Permanent Resident
Where is it available?
Melbourne, Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, City, Mildura, Shepparton, Online, Sydney
In response to the current lockdowns, La Trobe University is making available a one-time $250 Covid-19 Emergency Payments to NSW and Victorian-based students in financial distress.
This payment is available to students who have lost income due to the current lockdown restrictions that commenced in Victoria on 5 August and NSW on 14 August, and can demonstrate financial hardship.
Applications are open now and will close at 11:59pm on Tuesday 24 August 2021. Applications will be assessed from Wednesday 25 August, and funds will be awarded to successful students as soon as possible. All students will receive a decision on their application by Friday 27 August.
There is a limited amount of support available and we cannot support all students who apply.
Details of food relief programs across all of our campuses can be found on the La Trobe Student Association (LTSA) website.
Two Birds One Scone is a charity founded by La Trobe University students and provides emergency food relief and essential items to students in distress.
Staff and students who are in a position to contribute food or monetary donations to the organisation can do so here.
The University continues to provide wellbeing support for those students impacted by COVID-19. Details of these services can be found here.
Student FAQs for COVID-19:
The University is continuing to update our Student FAQs for COVID-19 to give you answers to some common questions. If you are a research student you can find more detailed FAQs about the continuation of your research on the Graduate Research School website.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be enrolled at a La Trobe Campus and studying onshore
- Have lost income due to the recent restrictions in Victoria or NSW
- Be unable to supplement income from other sources of financial support
- Be able to demonstrate financial hardship by submitting your recent bank statement (from the last 28 days)
How to apply
Please ensure you have your bank statement ready before you submit your application. Your name must be visible. Your bank statement cannot be added later. No other documents will be accepted.
- You may only apply once, unless there is an issue with your application submission.
- Please add your Australian banking details into your Student Online account* so that we can arrange immediate payment if your application is successful (you will not be paid if you do not add your banking details)
- The assessment process will not begin until applications close.
- Do not email the Scholarships Team seeking an update regarding your application as answering your email will delay the assessment process. All applicants will receive an outcome.
Applications are now closed.
*Sydney students and online Bachelor of Food and Nutrition students do not have access to the finance tab in student online. We will make payment arrangements directly with the successful applicants.
Who to contact for further information
Scholarships Office, email@example.com