La Trobe Humanitarian Scholarships
100% of tuition fees and $7000 per annum cost-of-living bursary
Who is it for?
Future undergraduates, 1st year undergraduates, 2nd year undergraduates, 3rd year undergraduates, 4th year undergraduates, 5th year undergraduates
Where is it available?
Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, Melbourne, Mildura, Shepparton, Sydney, City
La Trobe University recognises the important contribution that people seeking asylum make to the Australian community and is therefore pleased to offer three scholarships in 2021 for applicants who hold a visa subclass as identified in the eligibility section.
The scholarships will cover all tuition costs for an undergraduate program, and include a $7000 annual cost-of-living bursary for the normal duration of the program.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be residing in Australia
- Be intending to enrol in Semester 1 2021,as a full-time commencing student in an undergraduate degree program offered by La Trobe University
- Be able to demonstrate financial disadvantage and leadership potential
- Be deemed to be a person currently seeking asylum who holds one of the following visas:
- Bridging Visa class E (BVE), or
- Refugee holding a Temporary Protection Visa (TPV) or
- Safe Haven Enterprise Visa (SHEV).
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
- completion of an online application form as below.
- Eligible applicants will be contacted a week after the closing date of this scholarship. Invited candidates will then be asked to complete the full course application.
- Applicants who meet the academic requirements will be chosen by the selection committee (comprised of representatives from La Trobe International, AccessAbility Hub, Student Success).
The scholarship recipients will be chosen by the committee based on the following selection criteria:
- Deemed by the University to be experiencing disadvantage;
- Demonstrated leadership potential;
- Financial need, followed by academic merit for further distinction between applicants.
- English language proficiency may be considered as part of the selection criteria.
- maintain satisfactory academic progress
- be willing to participate in the promotion of the award
How to apply
Applications are now closed.
Who to contact for further information
Scholarships Office, firstname.lastname@example.org