International Student Aid Bursaries
$50, $500 or $750 will be awarded dependent on student's circumstances
For on-shore enrolled international students experiencing significant financial hardship
Who is it for?
1st year undergraduates, 2nd year undergraduates, 3rd year undergraduates, 4th year undergraduates, 5th year undergraduates, Diploma, Graduate researchers, Honours, Postgraduate coursework, International Student
Where is it available?
Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, Melbourne, City, Mildura, Shepparton
How is it paid?
Transferred directly into an Australian bank account in the recipient's name
This fund is part of the International Education Resilience Fund (IERF) by the Victorian Government to support our international students most impacted by COVID-19. A Financial and Emergency Aid Program will be established to provide financial and other essential living support to onshore students.
There is a limited amount of support available and we cannot support all students who apply.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be an international student located on-shore
- Have been enrolled in a La Trobe University course as of 31 August 2022
- Be physically residing in Victoria
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
- Ability to demonstrate you have experienced exceptional circumstances of financial hardship due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic arising or due to other extreme personal circumstances.
- Based on Compassionate and Compelling Circumstances, these include but are not limited to the following:
- Serious illness or injury;
- Death of close family members such as parents or grandparents
- Major political upheaval or natural disaster in the home country which has impacted on the student’s studies;
- A traumatic experience which could include involvement in, or witnessing of, a serious accident; or witnessing or being the victim of a serious crime; when this has impacted on the student
- Facing any technology related issues that is impacting on your studies.
- International students who received an International Student Aid Bursary earlier this year may apply again
- Please ensure you have proof of documentation related to your circumstances and include a personal statement.
- Do not email the Scholarships Team or the International Team seeking an update regarding your application as answering your email will delay the assessment process. All applicants will receive an outcome.
How to applyPlease complete the online application form.
Who to contact for further information
International Student Advisors, LTIFrontOffice@latrobe.edu.au