Inland Rail Scholarship
$5000 per year for a full time undergraduate student up to 4 years, along with a once-off Bursary payment of $1000 in their first year.
Students may receive other Commonwealth scholarships but cannot receive other philanthropic scholarships.
Who is it for?
Where is it available?
Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, Shepparton, Melbourne, City, Mildura
How is it paid?
There will be two scholarships granted per year.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be an Australian Citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident
- Be a new domestic student commencing their first year of study in a Bachelor degree in 2022.
- Have a home address (prior to University) within in one of the following Local Government Areas (LGA): Mitchell, Strathbogie, Benalla, Wangaratta, and Indigo. For a list of LGAs please view: Victorian Electors by Locality, Postcode and Electorates
- Maintain a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 50 or above throughout their course
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
- Proximity to Inland Rail impacted communities
- Personal statement that displays an understanding of the Inland Rail program and its support of regional communities, along with clearly outlining the student's aspirations and career path
- Evidence supporting personal and/or financial hardship
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander persons of Australia
- Applicants enrolling in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) programs
- Members of Inland Rail impacted communities.
At the end of the year the recipient will need to undertake a milestone report (200-300 words) to update the donor (ARTC IR) of their involvement within the scholarship, and to highlight what the opportunity has provided them. A final report will be expected at the end of their course.
The awarding of this scholarship is provisional upon the recipient agreeing to be involved in promotional activities related to ARTC IR in relation to their scholarship and University experience.
How to applyPlease complete the online application form.
Who to contact for further information
Scholarships Office, email@example.com