Supporting documentation requirements
If you are applying for a scholarship that has specific selection criteria, this details the evidence that you need to provide in your application. Please note, you will not be contacted regarding missing or incomplete supporting documentation and all supporting documentation must be provided by the closing date.
Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
(Successful applicants are subsequently contacted by the Indigenous Strategy and Education Department).
Asylum seeker, refugee or person from a refugee background
- A certified copy of the applicants visa showing refugee or asylum seeker status
- A certified copy of the applicants Red Cross or UNHCR registration.
- Proof of time spent in out-of-home care, such as a copy of a court order, a letter from a residential care housing organisation or relevant Centrelink assistance documentation
- a statutory declaration indicating the type and duration of out-of-home care will also suffice.
Disability or ongoing medical condition
A Medical Impact Statement completed by a registered health professional who is treating you for your condition that describes the impact on your educational performance.
Statement detailing educational disadvantage, with supporting documentary evidence. (This may be in the form of a statement by a relevant responsible person (for example; health care professional, social worker, counsellor, religious or community leader, school principal or teacher etc),
unrelated to the applicant, who can verify the circumstances.
- Statement of benefit from Centrelink (certified copy). Centrelink benefits must be valid at the time of application and documentation must match your name and date of birth. If documentation is not in the applicants name, the applicant must provide evidence of the relationship
to the person named in the documentation; or
- certified copy of Health Care Card, Pension Card or any payments received in exceptional circumstances (dated within the last 3 months from the date of scholarship application); or
- family Tax Benefit A; provide a certified statement (dated within the last 3 months of application) which clearly lists all family members and the annual household income; or
- if the applicant is not receiving Centrelink benefits, then a description of the financial hardship and its impact on education, how long these circumstances have lasted and if these circumstances are expected to continue. In addition;
- a certified copy of Australian Tax Office Notice of Financial Assessment for the previous financial year; or
- three consecutive pay slips dated within the last 3 months of the application; or
- If financially dependent upon other people, then provide a certified copy (for each contributing member) of their Australian Tax Office Notice of Financial Assessment for the previous financial year or 3 consecutive pay slips dated within the last 3 months of the scholarship application. Plus a statement specifying their contributions to the applicant.
First in Family
High academic achievement
Academic record or transcript (if from another tertiary institution)
- Personal statement of leadership activities within school and/or community
- written reference from a third-party referee supporting their statement of leadership activities.
Non-English speaking background
- Personal statement
- a verified copy of immigration visa.
- Personal statement demonstrating how the circumstances have impacted on your education, including the adverse effect on your ability to study or attend school regularly and perform in assessment tasks
- identify a relevant and responsible person (for example; health care professional, social worker, counsellor, religious or community leader, school principal or teacher), unrelated to the applicant, who has knowledge of, and is able to discuss your circumstances and confirm the impact on your education.
Regional or rural background
- Documents substantiating the applicant’s residential address across the 12 months period (such as bank statements, letter from school, electoral commission enrolment form, utilities bill, phone bill etc).
- School and residential areas are classified by the Australian Statistical Geographic Standard - Remoteness Areas. To do this, enter your address and select ASGS Remoteness Areas - 2016. An address classified RA2 to RA5 is considered rural or regional; an address classified RA1 is not.
Resident of social housing
Documentation that demonstrates that you are on the register for social housing in Victoria or other documentation that demonstrates residence in public or community housing.
Service to the community
- Personal statement
- statement from responsible person (for example; social worker, counsellor, religious or community leader, school principal or teacher etc), unrelated to the applicant, who can verify participation.
Significant caring responsibilities
- Statement detailing nature of caring responsibilities, including a statement by a responsible person (for example; health care professional, social worker, counsellor, religious or community leader, etc) unrelated to the applicant, who knows the applicants circumstances; or
- certified copies of Centrelink carer allowance or payment
- Evidence of selection in a representative team or participation in an event/s; or
- evidence of endorsement by a recognized sporting organization; or
- statement from sporting coach.