Industry Placement Bursary
Who is it for?
1st year undergraduates, 2nd year undergraduates, 3rd year undergraduates, 4th year undergraduates, 5th year undergraduates, Australian Citizen, Humanitarian Visa, New Zealand Citizen, Permanent Resident
Where is it available?
Melbourne, Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, Mildura, Shepparton
How is it paid?
La Trobe University is supporting students who have or will undertake an internship/work placement between 1 July to 10 October by offering the opportunity to apply for an Industry Placement Bursary*. This round of bursaries, the second of three, covers students enrolled into Semester 2 teaching periods.
Students undertaking elective placement subjects are strongly encouraged to apply for the bursary.
The third round for Summer placements will open 10 October 2022 and close 6 November 2022.
*Previously known as Employment Grants
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- be enrolled as a domestic undergraduate student
- be enrolled in an undergraduate placement subject and have or will undertake an internship/work placement in the Semester 2 teaching period.
- meet criteria for financial disadvantage and educational disadvantage
- not have received an Industry Placement Bursary in the current academic year
Please note, students enrolled in postgraduate courses are not eligible for this grant.
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
- application addressing the eligibility criteria
- supporting documentation, please note, you will not be contacted regarding missing or incomplete supporting documentation and all supporting documentation must be provided by the closing date.
- placement subjects undertaken as part of your studies
- experience must be a minimum of 70 hours in duration
- ranking by criteria around the financial and educational disadvantage criteria within VTAC SEAS and equity scholarships
- other indicators will be considered such as low SES status, first in family, regional status, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and distance travelled to placement.
How to applyAn application form will be made available once applications open.
Who to contact for further information
Scholarships Office, firstname.lastname@example.org