Graduate Research Scholarships - Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship and La Trobe Graduate Research Scholarships (LTGRS)
Who is it for?
Future graduate researchers, Future PhD candidates, Graduate researchers, Australian Citizen, International Student, New Zealand Citizen, Permanent Resident
Where is it available?
Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, Melbourne, Mildura, Shepparton
How is it paid?
La Trobe University is offering a large number of graduate research scholarships for applicants who wish to select a topic of research. Our scholarships are available for doctoral or masters research across all areas of research at La Trobe.
Applications for this scholarship are now open and close on 31 July 2022.
Applications are open to Australian or New Zealand citizens, Australian Permanent Residents, and International applicants who are currently onshore in Australia. Successful applicants for this round can commence at any time up to 30 September 2022.
These scholarships are competitively awarded to applicants with research experience and selection is based on academic merit and consideration of targeted areas of research strength at the University.
Benefits of the scholarship
- a Research Training Program (RTP) or La Trobe Graduate Research Scholarship (LTGRS) stipend for up to three and a half (3.5) years for a doctoral degree or 22 months for a Masters by research degree, with a value of $32,500 per annum (2022 rate)
- a Research Training Program (RTP) Fees Offset scholarship or La Trobe Full Fee Research scholarship (LTUFFRS) for up to four years for a doctoral degree or two years for a Masters by research
- relocation allowance and thesis/publication allowance
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- meet the entrance requirements for the proposed course
- not be receiving another scholarship greater than 75 per cent of the stipend rate for the same purpose
In selecting successful applicants, we prioritise applications from candidates who:
- will be enrolled full-time and undertaking their research at a La Trobe University campus
- for doctoral applicants, have completed a Masters by Research or other significant body of research, such as an honours research thesis or lead authorship of a peer-reviewed publication, assessed at a La Trobe Masters by research standard of 75 or above
- for masters applicants, have attained the equivalent of at least a high honours H1 grade degree at an Australian university or equivalent from a recognised overseas university
How to applyTo apply for this scholarship, review the scholarship eligibility requirements above and then follow the steps given on our How to apply page for your proposed course.
Who to contact for further information
Graduate Research School, Admissions.GRS@latrobe.edu.au