Fong Tam Yuen Leung Medical research Fellowship
Per annum, for three and a half years. Fee relief and research grant additional.
Who is it for?
Future graduate researchers, Future PhD candidates, Graduate researchers
Where is it available?
Melbourne, Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, City, Mildura, Shepparton
How is it paid?
The fellowship aims to further knowledge in medical research, to provide training for an outstanding graduate researcher, and to establish collaborative linkages in the field between Australia and China. The recipient of the fellowship will undertake a research project at La Trobe University in collaboration with a research university or institute in China, and will spend time at the Chinese institution during the project.
Features of the Fellowship are:
- a La Trobe Postgraduate Research Scholarship (LTUPRS) for three years, with a value of $27, 596 each year, to support your living costs
- a fee-relief scholarship (LTUFRRS) for up to four years to undertake a PhD at La Trobe University
- a research grant of $15,000 to cover research travel and living expenses during the project.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:- a Masters by research degree in a relevant discipline completed within the last ten years assessed at a La Trobe Masters by research standard of 70 or above, or
- a Bachelor (Honours) degree, Masters by coursework or ungraded Masters by research degree completed within the last ten years where you achieved a weighted average mark of 70 or above across any coursework subjects, and:
- your degree includes a research thesis of 15,000-20,000 words or
- your degree includes a written research component comprising at least 3/8 of one year, or
- you are the lead author of a peer-reviewed publication or other research published within the last ten years.
How to applyIf you wish to apply for this scholarship, follow these steps:
- review details on how to apply for candidature
- to identify a potential supervisor, submit an enquiry using our online enquiry system, indicating that you wish to be considered for this scholarship. We will direct this to the appropriate La Trobe staff member
- when you have received in-principle agreement for supervision, complete and submit your application to the La Trobe Graduate Research School (firstname.lastname@example.org) for admission into La Trobe’s PhD program, indicating you wish to be considered for a scholarship.
Who to contact for further information
Graduate Research School, email@example.com