Equity Equipment Bursary
Eligible students may receive this bursary once during their degree.
Who is it for?
1st year undergraduates, 2nd year undergraduates, 3rd year undergraduates, 4th year undergraduates, 5th year undergraduates, Australian Citizen, Humanitarian Visa, Permanent Resident
Where is it available?
Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, Melbourne, Mildura, Shepparton, Online, City
How is it paid?
One-off payment of $500 following confirmation of your eligibility after census date.
The La Trobe Equity Equipment Bursary has been developed to assist domestic students who experience financial, educational and social disadvantage to purchase text books, equipment, uniforms etc. to allow them to successfully complete their studies. Priority will be given to students experiencing multiple disadvantages, such as those who are low socio-economic status (SES) and have a disability, are carers of a person with a disability or those from a refugee background or a background in formal out-of-home care.
A student can only receive the Equity Equipment Bursary once during their degree.
This bursary is funded through the Higher Education Participation and Partnerships Program (HEPPP) which aims to improve access to, retention in and completion rates of undergraduate courses for people from regional and remote Australia, low SES backgrounds and Indigenous students.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be an Australian citizen or hold a permanent resident visa or a humanitarian visa.
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate degree on a full-time basis, or able to demonstrate why they are only able to study part time
- Be able to demonstrate financial disadvantage through presentation of a valid health care card or confirmation of Centrelink benefits, or Notice of Assessment from the ATO, or three consecutive payslips dated within the last three months
- Not be in receipt of any other scholarship or bursary worth over $5000 or more
- Not have received the Equipment Bursary previously
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
- Completed application including proof of financial disadvantage and personal statement outlining how the bursary will make a difference particularly in relation to purchasing equipment or materials
- Ranking as per VTAC, SEAS and equity scholarship criteria
Please note there are a limited number of bursaries and the lodging of this application does not guarantee a bursary will be awarded. You will not be contacted regarding missing or incomplete supporting documentation and all supporting documentation must be provided by the closing date
How to apply
Please complete the online application form.
Who to contact for further information
Scholarships Office, email@example.com