Elite Athlete Housing Scholarship
the scholarship provides a single room in a College or Halls of residence at Bundoora or Bendigo for one year
Who is it for?
Future undergraduates, 1st year undergraduates, 2nd year undergraduates, 3rd year undergraduates, Honours, Future postgraduate coursework, Postgraduate coursework, 4th year undergraduates, 5th year undergraduates
Where is it available?
How is it paid?
via accommodation rent credit
The scholarship is to assist new and existing student athletes experiencing hardship and/or extenuating circumstances and support them in their academic and sporting pursuits, through the provision of on campus accommodation.
The scholarship provides a single room in a College or Halls of Residence at La Trobe University's Bundoora or Bendigo campus for the period of one university year. Value is in kind - there is no financial component.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident
- be intending to enrol as a student at La Trobe University in 2021 or have a current enrolment at La Trobe University
- be enrolled at the Bundoora or Bendigo campus of La Trobe University
- be able to demonstrate financial disadvantage, personal hardship and/or have a regional or rural background
- complete an application for the La Trobe Elite Athlete Program and be deemed an elite athlete
- be successful in securing accommodation in a college or halls of residence at the Bundoora or Bendigo campus
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
- application form addressing the eligibility criteria
- personal statement
- personal circumstances affecting your ability to undertake tertiary study whilst also continuing to compete at an elite sporting level.
Recipient obligationsThe awarding of the scholarship is provisional upon the recipient agreeing to deliver one 20 minute presentation at a Student Leader Pearls of Wisdom or LIT evening in 2021.
How to applyPlease print and complete the application form.
Who to contact for further information
Scholarships Office, email@example.com