Destination Australia Scholarships - Domestic Students
per annum for up to two years
The recipient cannot hold any other scholarship.
Who is it for?
Future undergraduates, Future postgraduate coursework, Australian Citizen
Where is it available?
Albury-Wodonga Campus, Bendigo Campus, Mildura Campus, Shepparton Campus
How is it paid?
One payment per year of $15,000 paid after semester 2 census date. Payments will be made for up to two years for new Undergraduate students, and two years for new Masters by coursework students.
Please note: La Trobe University is waiting for confirmation from the Department of Education if the Destination Australia Scholarship will be offered in 2023. Please check this website for any updates.
The Destination Australia scheme seeks to attract and support new students to study in regional Australia and offers students a high-quality learning experience. This scholarship offers students from Australia and overseas the opportunity to experience regional Australia.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a new domestic student commencing their first year of study in a Bachelor degree, or Masters by coursework in Semester 2, 2022. Current La Trobe students who are beginning a Masters by coursework in Semester 2, 2022 are also eligible. New students who have completed a TAFE Diploma or Advanced Diploma and are on a pathway into the second year of a Bachelor-level degree are eligible and strongly encouraged to apply.
- Be studying full-time at a regional campus in a course that is offered in its entirety at that campus (Online, Diploma or Certificate students are not eligible for this scholarship)
- Be residing in, or intending to move to, a regional area, classified as RA2 to RA5, by the Australian Standard Geographical Classification Remoteness Area. (Check the 2016 box next the "ASGS Remoteness Areas").
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
- Personal statement, in particular how well the applicant addresses their commitment to studying and supporting the community in a regional area
- Evidence of academic merit*
- Evidence of disadvantage*
There are limited scholarship places allocated to each regional campus.
*For further information regarding providing evidence please click here.
- Recipients must be studying at a regional campus in a course that is offered in its entirety at the campus. The scholarship is not transferable to Bundoora or City campuses.
- Recipients must enrol full time each Semester to remain eligible for the scholarship.
- Recipients must reside in a regional area classified as RA2 to RA5, by the Australian Standard Geographical Classification Remoteness Area. (Check the 2016 box next the "ASGS Remoteness Areas"). Recipients must provide evidence of residency if requested.
- Recipients cannot hold any other University scholarship.
How to apply
To be confirmed.
Who to contact for further information
Scholarships Office, email@example.com