Destination Australia Scholarships - Domestic Students
per annum for up to four years
The recipient cannot hold any other scholarship.
Who is it for?
Future undergraduates, Future postgraduate coursework
Where is it available?
Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, Mildura, Shepparton
How is it paid?
Two payments per year of $7500 per payment, paid after semester 1 and 2 census dates. Payments will be made for up to four years for new Undergraduate students, and two years for new Masters by coursework students. Students who are relocating will receive one up-front payment to assist with relocation costs.
The Destination Australia scheme seeks to attract and support new students to study in regional Australia and offers students a high-quality learning experience. This scholarship offers students from Australia and overseas the opportunity to experience regional Australia.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a new domestic student commencing their first year of study in a Bachelor degree, or Masters by coursework in 2020. Current La Trobe students who are beginning a Masters by coursework in 2020 are also eligible.
- Be studying full-time at a regional campus in a course that is offered in its entirety at that campus (Online, Diploma or Certificate students are not eligible for this scholarship)
- Be residing in any area other than R1 classification, or intending to move to an area other than R1 classification.
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
- Personal statement, in particular how well the applicant addresses their commitment to studying and supporting the community in a regional area
- Evidence of academic merit*
- Evidence of disadvantage*
There are limited scholarship places allocated to each regional campus.
*For further information regarding providing evidence please click here.
How to apply
This scholarship is now closed.
Who to contact for further information
Scholarships Office, firstname.lastname@example.org