Destination Australia Research Scholarship
Per annum, for up to four years. Fee relief is additional.
Who is it for?
Future graduate researchers, Future PhD candidates, Graduate researchers
Where is it available?
Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, Mildura, Shepparton
How is it paid?
The Destination Australia scheme seeks to attract and support new domestic or international students to have a high quality learning experience in regional Australia. This scholarship also offers students from Australia and overseas the opportunity to experience regional Australia.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:- have a Masters by research degree in a relevant discipline completed within the last ten years assessed at a La Trobe Masters by research standard of 75 or above; or
- have an Honours degree, Masters by coursework or ungraded Masters by research degree completed within the last ten years where you achieved a weighted average mark of 70 or above across any coursework subjects; AND any of the following assessed at a La Trobe Masters by research standard of 75 or above:
- a research thesis of approximately 15,000-20,000 words; or
- the degree includes a written research component comprising at least 3/8 of one year; or
- you are the lead author of a peer-reviewed publication or other research published within the last ten years.
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
- academic merit, potential for completion and a consideration of personal circumstances that may have impeded previous studies.
The successful candidate will need to maintain a full-time study load, and must be based at the La Trobe Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, Mildura or Shepparton for the duration of their research.
They must also complete a survey before they receive the final payment.
How to apply
- review details on how to apply for candidature
- to identify a potential supervisor, submit an enquiry using our online enquiry system, indicating that you wish to be considered for the Destination Australia Scholarship. We will direct this to the appropriate La Trobe staff member
- when you have received in-principle agreement for supervision, complete and submit your application to the La Trobe Graduate Research School (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 31 January for admission into a graduate research degree, indicating you wish to be considered for the Destination Australia Scholarship.
Applicants may also include a 500-word personal statement demonstrating a compelling need for the scholarship.
Who to contact for further information
Graduate Research School, GRS@latrobe.edu.au