College of Science, Health and Engineering (SHE) Employment Grants
Who is it for?
1st year undergraduates, 2nd year undergraduates, 3rd year undergraduates, 4th year undergraduates, 5th year undergraduates
Where is it available?
Melbourne, Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, Mildura, Shepparton
How is it paid?
The College of Science, Health and Engineering (SHE) would like to support students who undertake placement subjects by offering Employment Grants. Students undertaking elective placement subjects are strongly encouraged to apply for employment grants.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- be enrolled as a domestic undergraduate student
- be undertaking a placement subject as part of your course
- be enrolled in an undergraduate placement subject that commences within the enrolment period of Summer 1 2018
- meet criteria for financial disadvantage
- students undertaking more than one placement are only eligible to receive one employment grant per academic year.
Please note, students enrolled in postgraduate courses are not eligible for this grant.
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
- an application addressing eligibility criteria
- supporting documentation provided with application
- placement subjects undertaken as part of studies
- experience must be a minimum of 70 hours in duration
- students will be ranked by criteria around the financial disadvantage criteria within VTAC SEAS and equity scholarships
- other indicators will be considered such as low SES status, first in family, regional status, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander and distance travelled to placement
- Internships or placements that not related to a specific subject are not covered by the employment grant.
- successful applicants will be required to complete a short survey as a condition of receiving the grant.
How to apply
Applications are now closed.
Who to contact for further information
Scholarships Office, firstname.lastname@example.org