College of Arts, Social Sciences and Commerce (ASSC) Employment Grants
Who is it for?
1st year undergraduates, 2nd year undergraduates, 3rd year undergraduates, 4th year undergraduates, 5th year undergraduates
Where is it available?
Melbourne, Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, Mildura, Shepparton
How is it paid?
La Trobe University is supporting students who have undertaken an internship/work placement in 2020 or will undertake an internship/work placement between 2 November 2020 and 12 February 2021 by offering the opportunity to apply for an Employment Grant. Students undertaking elective placement subjects are strongly encouraged to apply for employment grants.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- be enrolled as a domestic undergraduate student
- be enrolled in an undergraduate placement subject and have undertaken an internship/work placement in 2020 or will undertake an internship/work placement between 2 November 2020 and 12 February 2021.
- meet criteria for financial disadvantage and educational disadvantage
- not have received an employment grant in the current academic year
Please note, students enrolled in postgraduate courses are not eligible for this grant.
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
- application addressing the eligibility criteria
- supporting documentation, please note, you will not be contacted regarding missing or incomplete supporting documentation and all supporting documentation must be provided by the closing date.
- placement subjects undertaken as part of your studies
- experience must be a minimum of 70 hours in duration
- ranking by criteria around the financial disadvantage criteria within VTAC SEAS and equity scholarships
- other indicators will be considered such as low SES status, first in family, regional status, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and distance travelled to placement.
- successful applicants will be required to complete a short survey as a condition of receiving the grant
How to applyApplications have now closed.
Who to contact for further information
Scholarships Office, firstname.lastname@example.org