Carol Friday Scholarship
(Duration of Course)
Who is it for?
Where is it available?
How is it paid?
$13,882.50 Per Semester
The Department of Education and Training recognises the importance of supporting nurses registered as both nurses and midwives working in the Victorian Health Sector who wish to extend their existing academic qualifications by obtaining a post graduate qualification in the field of maternal and child health.
Carol Friday was a strong advocate and champion of the Victorian maternal and child health sector, having worked to improve nursing conditions and practiced as secretary of the MCH (now VAHCHN) special interest group in the late 1980's.
In honour of Carol Friday, who passed away in tragic circumstances with her son, the Department of Education and Training is dedicating this scholarship for a fully funded place in the Master of Nursing in Child, Family and Community at La Trobe University
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be registered as both a Division 1 nurse and midwife with AHPRA
- Be currently enrolled in, and have successfully completed a minimum of 60 credit points towards, the Master of Nursing in Child, Family and Community Nursing at La Trobe
- Have achieved a minimum WAM of 70% to date
- Be an Australian citizen, holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa
- Be a resident of Victoria.
- Not be receiving other scholarships in the same year as Carol Friday Scholarship
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
- Personal statement demonstrating an interest in and commitment to maternal and child health
- References from individuals or organisations qualified to support the personal statement
- Academic achievement
How to apply
To apply for this scholarship, please click on the link below:
Who to contact for further information
Scholarships Office, email@example.com