Aiia Maasarwe Scholarship
Up to $22000 per annum, for three years. Fee waiver additional.
The recipient cannot hold any other La Trobe scholarship.
Who is it for?
Where is it available?
Melbourne, Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, City, Mildura, Shepparton, Sydney, Online
How is it paid?
Fortnightly stipends by appropriate arrangement
This prestigious scholarship is offered in memory of Aiia Maasarwe. To respectfully honour Aiia and with consent of Aiia's family, this scholarship has been jointly funded in perpetuity by the Victorian Government and La Trobe University. It will cover a full scholarship (living stipend and complete fee remission) for an undergraduate student, for the duration of their course.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:Available to domestic and international undergraduate prospective students who can demonstrate financial disadvantage.
- A brief written (milestone) report yearly to the donors and family of Aiia Maasarwe that outlines the recipient's activities and progress in their field of study
- May be required to attend promotional events and participate in promotional activities in keeping with the spirit of the scholarship
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress
How to apply
- Domestic applicants: your VTAC Scholarship application will automatically considered with preference given to students who provide evidence of disadvantage
- International applicants: when you submit your course application, please include a written statement of no more than 200 words explaining the duration and nature of your financial disadvantage and how this adversely affected your education.
- Postgraduate Research applicants: see the Aiia Maasarwe Research Scholarship page.
Who to contact for further information
Scholarships Office, firstname.lastname@example.org