2020 La Trobe University 50% Vietnamese Excellence Scholarship (VES)
50% reduction in course fees
Who is it for?
Future undergraduates, Future postgraduate coursework
Where is it available?
Melbourne, Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, City, Mildura, Shepparton
How is it paid?
This scholarship will be applied as a discount to your tuition fees for each subject studied for the entire duration of the course. You will be required to meet all conditions (if applicable) outlined in your Letter of Offer and accept your offer by paying the required deposit before the scholarship can be applied. Please note: Failure to meet your condition(s) and pay the acceptance deposit on time may result in the withdrawal of the scholarship.
The scholarship offers a 50% reduction on the total tuition fees for International students who are citizens and residents of Vietnam.
This scholarship is available for a student studying undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program listed in the LTIS Eligibility List.
These are limited in number.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- The applicant must be a citizen and resident of Vietnam.
- The applicant must be eligible for direct entry commencing full fee-paying undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program under the LTIS eligibility list.
- The applicant must have an overall WAM* achievement of 80% and above.
- The applicant must commence their studies at any of the La Trobe University Victorian Campus for the Semester 2 (July), Term 4 (July), Term 5 (September), Term 6 (November) 2020 intake.
- The applicant must meet the university's English language requirements and all other conditions stated on the Offer Letter.
- As a scholarship award recipient, the student should be willing to be an International student ambassador
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
La Trobe University will select the candidates based on their academic performance, extra-curricular activities, and any other outstanding achievements. The final decision will be made by La Trobe University.
Maintain a full-time enrollment and a satisfactory academic progress during the studies.
Please refer to the terms and conditions included in the Offer Letter.
How to apply
The applicant must submit a complete application for an eligible course commencing in Semester 2 (July), Term 4 (July), Term 5 (September), Term 6 (November) 2020 intake for La Trobe University - Victorian campuses.
Applicants must also provide the following before the application closing dates.
- A detailed resume.
- A personal statement of no more than 250 words to detail 'Why you should be awarded with La Trobe University Vietnam Excellence Scholarship'.
Semester 2 (July), Term 4 (July) Intake
Term 5 (September) Intake
Term 6 (November) Intake
Deadline to apply for the 50% Vietnam Excellence Scholarship
Deadline to submit evidence to meet all conditions on the offer
Scholarship selection process
25 April - 14 May 2020
13 June – 28 June 2020
18 July - 11 August 2020
Announcement of the scholarship outcomes
*A WAM is an average mark that takes into account the credit point value of the subjects that you have completed. It is based on the actual mark of all subjects completed in your course at any given time.
Who to contact for further information
La Trobe International - Vietnam, Vietnam@latrobe.edu.au