The purpose-built health facilities at LRHS give our students modern, interactive learning experiences and support the ground-breaking work of our diverse team of researchers.
The clinical learning environments at LRHS provide realistic but safe spaces for students to start putting theory into practice. They help students develop the clinical and critical thinking skills that are vital for a career as a health professional.
Experience gained in our world-class facilities mean our students confidently enter the workplace for their clinical placements with our industry partners.
Paramedicine Practical Laboratory
Our Paramedicine Practical Laboratory is a key teaching space for paramedicine students to establish their clinical skills.
The space is fully equipped with industry-standard medical equipment as used in ambulance services around Australia.
Paramedicine Practical Laboratory has:
- A large area of open space where manikins and part-task trainers can be laid out for scenario and skills education.
- A scenario control room with a computer, audio-visual recording devices, and one way observation glass
- Ceiling mounted cameras and microphones to enable recording of scenarios and skills sessions for debriefing and student feedback.
- Storage areas stocked with paramedicine consumables, manikins, aambulance stretchers and equipment
- A couch, coffee table and two lounge chairs to provide a realistic environment for practice scenarios.
- Computer/projector system
Simulated crash area
This outdoor space allow students to develop and test their paramedic skills in realistic simulated motor vehicle accidents (MVA) and other outdoor incidents.
The space consists of an open concreted area bordered by high concrete walls and two to three non-registered motor vehicles. Real emergency vehicles are also able to access the space via the carpark, to assist in the MVA scenarios.