La Trobe PhD - with an industry focus
The La Trobe PhD with an industry focus is an innovative way to identify and solve industry-relevant problems at a commercially appropriate pace. As you join our University community and partner network, you will also benefit from connecting more broadly to our research capabilities and state-of-the-art research facilities.
- the PhD research project is developed jointly on a topic relevant to your organisation, including planning the project stages and deliverables during the program period
- the PhD student is supervised collaboratively, with La Trobe providing the academic supervision, and your organisation providing the industry supervision
- the project progress is monitored in partnership
- the PhD student’s scholarship is co-funded by La Trobe and your organisation
- the PhD student completes an industry placement embedded within the partner organisation, the structure and duration of which will be agreed upon.
Benefits of La Trobe PhD with an industry focus
- get access to specialised research expertise
- research project and deliverables are tailored to your needs
- generate innovative, interdisciplinary solutions to real-life challenges facing your organisation or sector
- collaborate with outstanding La Trobe researchers in support of your project
- gain access to a growing network of industry-savvy La Trobe PhD graduates
- ownership of the project Intellectual Property is negotiated prior to the commencement of the project.
Costs to industry partners
The cost of the PhD scholarship will be shared between La Trobe University and the industry partner. The industry partner contribution may be eligible for the Research and Development (R&D) tax incentive.
How to find out more
The La Trobe PhD with an industry focus is accessible in a wide range of sectors and research topics, so please contact us now to find how we can contribute to your organisation.
La Trobe Graduate Research School