Research themes and clusters
The Transforming Human Societies RFA drives innovative interdisciplinary research about the origins, drivers, and impacts of social, political, and cultural change.
From 2018 onwards, we will be focusing on the following themes:
- Sustainability and social justice
- Mobility and migration
- Gender, sexuality and human rights
- Indigenous peoples and sovereignty
- The past, present and future of work
- Technology and its disruptions
What binds our research within these areas is the common interest in exploring how past and present societies have transformed in response to the grand challenges of their times, and what transformations the future might hold.