Visualise Your Thesis: vote for your favourite entry
The winner of the 2019 La Trobe Visualise Your Thesis Competition was Donovan Garcia-Ceron from the School of Molecular Sciences, followed by Jason Glab from the La Trobe Institute of Molecular Sciences who received the second prize. The Popular Vote prize was awarded to Jacinta Humphrey from the School of Life Sciences.
Donovan Garcia-Ceron was also awarded second prize in the International Visualise Your Thesis Competition.
Congratulations to our prize winners!
2019 competition entries
Nishanthi Mathiyalagan: 'Characterising novel genetic pathways in epithelial development'
Lauren Murphy: 'Pre-Hamiltonian Vase Collecting'
Jason Glab: 'Developing new therapeutics for heart failure'
Jacinta Humphrey: 'Life in the suburbs: Spatial change in urban bird communities'
Hala Younis: 'Strengthening Timber Beams using Carbon Fiber Reinforcement Polymer'
Donovan Garcia-Ceron: 'Exploring Extracellular Vesicles From Plant Fungal Pathogens'
Lap Hing (Leo) Chi: 'Targeting BMP4 signalling to stop breast cancer spread'
2018: winners and entries
The 2018 winners
The winner of the 2018 Visualise Your Thesis Competition was Coralie Boulet from the School of Life Sciences, followed by Kylie Carra from the La Trobe Rural Health School who received the second prize and Ebony Monson from the School of Life Sciences, who received the third prize. The Popular Vote Prize was awarded to Lanzhou Jiang.
- Coralie Boulet: 'Treating malaria by targeting.. our own cells?!'
- Mulusew Fikere: 'Genomic Selection and Genome-wide Association Studies in Diverse Canola (Brassica napus L.) Populations'
- Lanzhou Jiang: 'Developing novel methods to study apoptotic cell disassembly in different human cell lines'
- Ebony Monson: 'The Role of Lipid Droplets in the Early Innate Host Response to Viral Infection'
- Jack Nunn: 'Genomics Research and Involving People'
- Carlos Santos: 'How pathogenic bacteria fold disulphide bonds - containing virulence factors'
- Katherine Sewell: 'Exploring the association between pre-existing comorbidities and recovery outcomes post-stroke'
- Sarah Sloan: 'The role of Teladorsagia circumcincta cathepsin F in evasion of the ovine immune system'
- Lily Tran: 'Characteristics and function of parasite galectin in sheep hosts'
- Aurelie Tsee Woo: 'Elucidating the key elements contributing to antibiotic resistance spread'