Visualise Your Thesis: vote for your favourite entry
VYT: vote for your favourite entry!
The 2019 entries for the Visualise Your Thesis competition are now in! Popular voting has now closed, and the winner will be announced at the 3MT University Championship.
2019 competition entries
Nishanthi Mathiyalagan: 'Characterising novel genetic pathways in epithelial development'
Lauren Murphy: 'Pre-Hamiltonian Vase Collecting'
Kylie Carra: 'Health during the transition from military service to civilian life'
Jason Glab: 'Developing new therapeutics for heart failure'
Jacinta Humphrey: 'Life in the suburbs: Spatial change in urban bird communities'
Hala Younis: 'Strengthening Timber Beams using Carbon Fiber Reinforcement Polymer'
Donovan Garcia-Ceron: 'Exploring Extracellular Vesicles From Plant Fungal Pathogens'
Lap Hing (Leo) Chi: 'Targeting BMP4 signalling to stop breast cancer spread'
2018: winners and entries
The 2018 winners
The winner of the 2018 Visualise Your Thesis Competition was Coralie Boulet from the School of Life Sciences, followed by Kylie Carra from the La Trobe Rural Health School who received the second prize and Ebony Monson from the School of Life Sciences, who received the third prize. The Popular Vote Prize was awarded to Lanzhou Jiang.
- Coralie Boulet: 'Treating malaria by targeting.. our own cells?!'
- Kylie Carra: 'Understanding the transition from military service to civilian life'
- Mulusew Fikere: 'Genomic Selection and Genome-wide Association Studies in Diverse Canola (Brassica napus L.) Populations'
- Lanzhou Jiang: 'Developing novel methods to study apoptotic cell disassembly in different human cell lines'
- Ebony Monson: 'The Role of Lipid Droplets in the Early Innate Host Response to Viral Infection'
- Jack Nunn: 'Genomics Research and Involving People'
- Carlos Santos: 'How pathogenic bacteria fold disulphide bonds - containing virulence factors'
- Katherine Sewell: 'Exploring the association between pre-existing comorbidities and recovery outcomes post-stroke'
- Sarah Sloan: 'The role of Teladorsagia circumcincta cathepsin F in evasion of the ovine immune system'
- Lily Tran: 'Characteristics and function of parasite galectin in sheep hosts'
- Aurelie Tsee Woo: 'Elucidating the key elements contributing to antibiotic resistance spread'