The David Myers Research Scholarship
Each year the University offers the highest University-ranked graduate research scholarship applicants in each College the David Myers Research Scholarship. The scholarship is open to outstanding individuals, regardless of discipline or nationality.
Benefits of the scholarship include
- a top-up of A$5,000 per annum for two years full-time study for a Master’s degree, or three years full-time study for a PhD
- a research support grant of up to $3,000 per annum to assist with costs such as laboratory consumables, fieldwork and attendance at conferences
- an allowance to assist with costs associated with production of publications, and costs of relocation to undertake the degree.
Please note that there is no separate application for this scholarship, all applicants for an RTP or LTUPRS scholarship will automatically be considered.
Fong Tam Yuen Leung Medical Research Fellowship
This prestigious fellowship, established by the Fong Family Foundation, will be awarded to an outstanding student from China to undertake a PhD at La Trobe University in a medical research field.
The fellowship aims to further knowledge in medical research, to provide training for an outstanding graduate researcher, and to establish collaborative linkages in the field between Australia and China. The recipient of the fellowship will undertake a research project at La Trobe University in collaboration with a research university or institute in China, and will spend time at the Chinese institution during the project.
Features of the Fellowship are:
- a La Trobe Postgraduate Research Scholarship (LTUPRS) for three years, with a value of $27,082 each year, to support your living costs
- a fee-relief scholarship (LTUFRRS) for up to four years to undertake a PhD at La Trobe University
- a research grant of $15,000 to cover research travel and living expenses during the project.
Find out more by downloading the Fong Yuen Leung Fellowship information flyer [PDF 94KB].