Joint Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute – La Trobe University Research Scholarships
La Trobe University is delighted to be partnering with the Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute to offer Doctoral scholarship opportunities to outstanding applicants to work on PhD projects jointly supervised by La Trobe and Baker researchers.
The Baker Institute is one of Australia’s leading medical research institutes and has been making scientific discoveries to transform the health of the community for more than 90 years. Located in AMREP, one of the country’s most highly regarded biomedical research and education precincts, the Institute has close ties with leading healthcare institutions.
Applicants should hold a first-class honours degree or Master's degree in a related science discipline and be eligible to work in Australia. These scholarships support candidature in a La Trobe University doctoral research degree.
- a La Trobe Postgraduate Research Scholarship for 3.5 years, with a value of $27,082 per annum, to support your living costs
- a tuition-fees scholarship. This is an RTP Fees Offset (domestic) and La Trobe Full Fee Research Scholarship (international)
- the opportunity to work with leading researchers from La Trobe University and the Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute, one of Australia’s leading medical research institutes
- experience of both a university and research institute environment.
Applications for this scholarship have now closed for 2018.
If you require further information, please contact Dr Kelly Farrell at Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Australian Futures Research Scholarships
This prestigious scholarships, established by La Trobe University in partnership with the Australian Futures Project, will be awarded to outstanding applicants who are interested in exploring how to build Australia's capacity to make decisions for a flourishing shared future.
Benefits of the scholarship include:
- a La Trobe Research Scholarship for three years, with a value of $26,735 each year, to support your living costs
- a fee-relief scholarship (LTU FRS) for four years to undertake a PhD at La Trobe University
- an annual research grant of $5,000 for three years during your project to support research costs
- opportunities to work with La Trobe's outstanding researchers, and have access to our suite of professional development programs in areas such as: entrepreneurship, IP and commercialisation, university teaching, research communications (including media training and social media)
- personal industry mentorship from a high achieving professional.
Application deadline: 31 October 2017.
Find out more by downloading the Australian Futures Research Scholarships flyer [PDF 543KB]
The David Myers Research Scholarship
Each year the University offers the highest University-ranked graduate research scholarship applicants in each College the David Myers Research Scholarship. The scholarship is open to outstanding individuals, regardless of discipline or nationality.
Benefits of the scholarship include
- a top-up of A$5,000 per annum for two years full-time study for a Master’s degree, or three years full-time study for a PhD
- a research support grant of up to $3,000 per annum to assist with costs such as laboratory consumables, fieldwork and attendance at conferences
- an allowance to assist with costs associated with production of publications, and costs of relocation to undertake the degree.
Please note that there is no separate application for this scholarship, all applicants for an RTP or LTUPRS scholarship will automatically be considered.
James T. Riady Research Scholarship
This prestigious scholarship, established by James T. Riady Scholarship and Award Fund, will be awarded to an outstanding student of Indonesian nationality to undertake a doctoral research degree at La Trobe University. Applicants should have a high level of achievement such as a first class honours degree or equivalent, and an interest in promoting and furthering an understanding of Indonesia and Indonesian culture.
Benefits of the scholarship include:
- a La Trobe Research Scholarship for 3 years, with a value of $35,000 each year, to support your living costs
- a fee-relief scholarship (LTUFFRS) for four years to undertake a PhD at La Trobe University
- an annual research grant of $5,000 for 3 years during your project to support research costs
- the award winner will work with one of La Trobe's outstanding researchers, and have access to our suite of professional development programs in areas such as entrepreneurship, IP and commercialisation, university teaching, media training and social media.
Find out more by downloading the James T. Riady Research Scholarship flyer [PDF 969KB]
Fong Tam Yuen Leung Medical Research Fellowship
This prestigious fellowship, established by the Fong Family Foundation, will be awarded to an outstanding student from China to undertake a PhD at La Trobe University in a medical research field.
The fellowship aims to further knowledge in medical research, to provide training for an outstanding graduate researcher, and to establish collaborative linkages in the field between Australia and China. The recipient of the fellowship will undertake a research project at La Trobe University in collaboration with a research university or institute in China, and will spend time at the Chinese institution during the project.
Features of the Fellowship are:
- a La Trobe Postgraduate Research Scholarship (LTUPRS) for three years, with a value of $27,082 each year, to support your living costs
- a fee-relief scholarship (LTUFRRS) for up to four years to undertake a PhD at La Trobe University
- a research grant of $15,000 to cover research travel and living expenses during the project.
Find out more by downloading the Fong Yuen Leung Fellowship information flyer [PDF 94KB].