Graduate Research Scholarships: Available projects
The Graduate Research School has a range of PhD scholarships available for specific research projects or themes as listed below. Successful scholarship applicants will receive a stipend, tuition fee scholarship and allowances. For further details on the scholarship provisions and eligibility requirements, see the La Trobe University Graduate Research Scholarship (LTGRS)/Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship advertisement..
There are many reasons to choose La Trobe University for your graduate research degree. You will be attending one of Australia's leading research universities and gain access to our world-class research centres and institutes. Want to know more? Check out our information section on scholarships, degrees, and more.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for a graduate research scholarship to undertake one of these projects, please make sure to:
- review the scholarship eligibility requirements
- review details on how to apply for candidature
- select a project from the list of available projects
- contact the nominated contact person for your preferred project via the email address listed under the relevant project details to obtain their in-principle agreement for you to apply
- complete a Research Statement Form for your nominated project (only one project can be nominated)
- check the project requirements for any additional special conditions or information that needs to be included in your application
- complete your application for admission into La Trobe’s PhD program
- a research proposal is not required unless specifically requested, as long as your Research Statement is submitted with your application
- domestics applicants, submit your application to the La Trobe Graduate Research School (email@example.com) by 31 October 2020
- international applicants, submit your application via the International Online Application System by 30 September 2020
If you have any further questions about the application process, you can submit an enquiry via our online enquiry form.
Currently available projects
A list of the doctoral scholarships available for specific research projects projects available can be found on our project-based scholarships page.
In addition to these projects, we also have a number of doctoral scholarship for research projects available through the ARC Research Hub for Medicinal Agriculture. Please note that these scholarships are restricted to Australian and New Zealand Citizens and Australian permanent residents.
Other scholarship opportunities
We also have a range of specialist scholarships available, including scholarships for industry and international partnership projects. These scholarships have their own applications requirements and deadlines. All available scholarships are advertised in the University’s scholarship database. The following scholarships are currently open for applications:
- Dennis McDermott Research Scholarship
- La Trobe Equity Research Scholarships
- La Trobe University Industry Research Scholarship - New approaches to health promotion in the Wimmera
- La Trobe Industry Research Scholarship - Using Advanced Artificial Intelligence for Competitive Advantage
- La Trobe University Industry Research Scholarship - LXRP – Reconstructing human-environment interactions in Holocene Port Phillip Bay
- La Trobe University Industry Research Scholarship - Optimisation of Alumina and Zirconia-based Substrates for Electrochemical Devices
- La Trobe University – Zhejiang A&F University Collaborative PhD scholarship