China Scholarship Council – La Trobe University Scholarship Program
The China Scholarship Council (CSC) and La Trobe University jointly sponsor up to five selected Chinese students each year to undertake a PhD degree at La Trobe. All candidates must meet the La Trobe eligibility requirements well as CSC requirements.
Benefits of the scholarship
- A fee-relief scholarship (LTUFFRS) for up to four years to undertake a La Trobe PhD (provided by La Trobe University)
- A living allowance, including health insurance, at a level determined by the Chinese Government to support your living costs (provided by CSC)
- A return international airfare between China and Australia (provided by CSC)
- Visa application fees (provided by CSC)
- Opportunities to collaborate with La Trobe’s leading researchers, and have access to our suite of professional development programs (provided by La Trobe University).
How to apply
Step 1 - Apply for candidature at La Trobe University (deadline: 15 January each year)
- Prepare your application following all the steps and requirements
- Submit your application to the La Trobe Graduate Research School by 15 January, indicating that you are planning to submit a CSC scholarship application.
- La Trobe University considers your application and, if successful, provides you with a letter of offer by 1 March.
Step 2 - Apply for CSC scholarship (deadline: 5 April each year)
- Once you have obtained your letter of offer from La Trobe University, submit your application for a CSC scholarship directly with CSC by 5 April.
- CSC evaluates your application and, if successful, notifies you and La Trobe University of the outcome.
Step 3 - Accept your Offer Letter from La Trobe University
Once your scholarship application has been approved by CSC (step 2), you must accept your Offer Letter and enrol as a PhD candidate at La Trobe University.
Scholarships for Mexican postgraduate research students
The scholarship program between La Trobe University and the Mexican National Council for Science and Technology (Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnología, CONACYT) supports up to 2 Master by Research and up to four PhD high achieving Mexican students who have been accepted and enrolled into a Master by Research or a PhD program at La Trobe University.
La Trobe will provide a 25 per cent reduction of the tuition fees for up to two Master by Research, and up to four PhD students each year. The CONACYT scholarships cover tuition fees, a stipend to cover living costs, and visa-length Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).
How to apply
Step 1 - Apply for PhD candidature at La Trobe University
- Candidates must first apply to La Trobe University and receive a Letter of Offer. For details on how to submit an application please go to How to apply.
- La Trobe University considers your application and, if successful, provides you with a Letter of Offer.
Step 2 - Apply for a scholarship with CONACYT
- Applicants who have received a Letter of Offer from la Trobe University are required to apply for a scholarship directly with CONACYT. Calls are open from approximately April – June each year, please confirm the current deadlines and the application process on the CONACYT website.
If you have any questions on the CONACYT process, please contact La Trobe University’s in-country representative in Mexico.
If you have any questions on how to apply to La Trobe University, please contact La Trobe International.
Lionel Murphy Endowment Postgraduate Scholarship
Value $40,000 for one year for students intending to undertake a postgraduate degree in Science, Law or Legal Studies, or other appropriate discipline (must be Australian citizens or permanent residents who have resided in Australia for at least the previous 12 months). Applications close 20 November every year. Find out more about the Lionel Murphy Endowment Postgraduate Scholarship.
Australia Awards Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships
The Australia Awards Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships are internationally competitive, merit-based scholarships that support Australians to undertake study, research and professional development overseas and citizens from eligible countries to undertake these activities in Australia. Find out more about the Australia Awards Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships.
NSW Health Nursing and Midwifery Aboriginal Postgraduate Scholarships
Scholarships of up to $15,000 are available to Aboriginal people currently working as registered nurses or registered midwives in NSW to assist with educational expenses directly associated with postgraduate study. Find out more about the NSW Health Nursing and Midwifery Aboriginal Postgraduate Scholarships.
Australian Petroleum, Production and Exploration Association (APPEA) KA Richards Scholarship
The KA Richards Scholarship was established in 1989 to encourage professional development to the benefit of the industry. The scholarship offers a maximum of $10,000 per year and is tenable for one year for Master's study or three years for a doctoral degree full-time (or an appropriate duration for part-time study). Find out more about the Australian Petroleum, Production and Exploration Association (APPEA) KA Richards Scholarship.
As part of Australian’s leading digital research powerhouse, Data61 inspires PhD students to contribute to a data rich community that informs, impacts and continually evolves. From smart cities, data-driven health & social services, to digital economy, safety & security and digital government, at Data61 they create data you can trust. Data61 PhD Scholarships and Data61 Top-up Scholarships are open to domestic or international students. The successful applicant must have already applied for, or have already commenced a PhD research program at La Trobe University and accept Data61 scholarship conditions.
The first round for applications will close on 31 August 2018.
The second round for applications will close on 31 October 2018.
Find out more about Data61 PhD Scholarships.
National PhD Positions in Groundwater Scholarships - Expressions of Interest
The National Centre for Groundwater Research and Training (NCGRT) is seeking Expressions of Interest from the brightest minds from a wide range of science, engineering and social science disciplines to undertake a variety of groundwater PhDs across the country. NCGRT headquartered at Flinders University has 13 University partners who are in the top echelons of university rankings for water resources in the world.
How to apply
For more information on how to apply, please refer to the NCGRT website.
Applications close on 31 October 2018.
CSIRO Postgraduate Scholarship Program
Each year, the Program supports postgraduate scholarships for students to work on a project relevant to one of several priority research areas. Students are co-supervised by researchers in an Australian university and CSIRO.
Top-up PhD Scholarships are available to PhD students who have gained (or expect to gain) first class honours or equivalent in relevant research areas. Students must also expect to receive an Research Training Program scholarship (RTP) or equivalent scholarship commencing in the year of the CSIRO scholarship. Full scholarships may be available in certain circumstances.
How to apply
Applications are being sought in nominated priority research areas for the 2019 program and will support a number of new PhD Scholarships.
For details on the opportunities available please visit the CSIRO website.
Applications close on 31 October 2018.