Home-based dementia care services
We design care services to improve the emotional wellbeing of People with Dementia (PwD) living at home. Our services are designed to help memory-impaired elderly residents live as independently and safely as possible.
These services are based on our successful field trials of placing emotionally engaging social robots in the homes of people with dementia. These trials showed assistive technologies, such as robots, can improve the quality of life for people with dementia and provide respite for their carers and family.
The assistive robots can talk, sing, dance, play games, tell the weather and read the newspaper. They include innovative services like reminiscing with dementia suffers, sending mood-based emails and supporting caregivers to remotely manage activities of dementia sufferers. The robots can make phone calls and remind your patient / loved one about social events and health activities. The elderly client can communicate with the robot via voice commands or a touch panel.
Among Australians aged 65 and over, almost 1 in 10 (9%) have dementia and among those aged 85 and over, 3 in 10 (30%) have dementia. The number of people with dementia is projected to triple to around 900,000 by 2050.
The key benefits our home-based dementia care services are:
Creating a rich sensory environment helps to lift the mood of people with dementia. Engaging them in different, stimulating activities and prompting their good memories helps their emotional wellbeing.
- Singing and dancing - offers emotional release, reduces feelings of stress, stimulates cognitive capacities and creates a sense of greater personal, emotional and physical wellbeing.
- Telling jokes - the robot tells jokes to create positive emotion. We’ve programmed emotive patterns into the jokes so the robot simulates the emotion associated with the jokes.
- Reading books - the robots can read books aloud. We collect and use your client’s / family member's favourite book titles to personalise this service.
- Reading the news - keeps the elderly client up-to-date with selected and personalised news.
Creates social interaction
We've designed connectivity services to reduce social isolation and help foster connections with family, friends and community.
- phone calls and Skype - these services work as stand-alone applications or integrate into the robot’s reminder service. The phone application inside the robot connects the user with family members, relatives and friends, extending their social connections.
- reminder services - reminds the elderly person about social and important events.
Delivers personalised services
We’ve installed multilingual music within the robot so it can dance and sing in the participants' native languages (e.g. Italian, Vietnamese, Cantonese, Chinese). We also collect, curate and adapt music, jokes and news based on personal preferences.
Encourages healthy living
These services include a walk and exercise dialog system which encourages the client to exercise regularly. The robot also includes functions that remind the client about daily health-related activities: drinking water, exercising, playing quizzes and reading books.
Provides mind-stimulating activities
The elderly like activities to exercise their cognitive skills and feel useful. The robot provides personalised services, such as quizzes and games tailored to different cognitive abilities and designed to gauge mental alertness and the medical condition of your client or loved one. We design and customise quizzes about special life events with the input of caregivers or family members.
Our key services for home-based dementia care include:
Learn more about our social innovation services.