If you are concerned about your child’s, or your own body image, eating, weight or emotional wellbeing please try contacting one of the following support services.
- Kids Helpline – Telephone and online counselling service specifically for young people aged between 5 and 25. Telephone: 1800 55 1800.
- National Eating Disorders Collaboration
- The Butterfly Foundation
- A state-based eating disorders organisation, such as Eating Disorders Victoria.
- General Practitioner/Paediatrician - Discuss any health concerns with your family GP or child’s paediatrician
- Your Maternal and Child Health Nurse or call The Maternal & Child Health Line on 13 22 29 (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
- A mental health professional - who specialises in children/youth or body image, such as the Australian Psychological Society Eating, Weight and Body Image Group
- A dietitian from the Dietitians Association of Australia
For more information on child development or healthy eating, please see: