Screen, Sound and Film
New to 2018
The ASSC outreach program aims to deliver a suite of activities that increase student capabilities, build self-confidence and raise awareness of career opportunities upon completion of a university degree.
Middle school students
For students in the middle years, activities aim to:
- Foster a sense of excitement and interest in ASSC-related disciplines
- Extend skills and knowledge
- Support and enrich school curriculum
- Highlight career opportunities post university study
- Utilise the University’s expertise and resources
Curriculum: Year 9 Drama, Music, Media and Performing/Creative Arts students.
Duration: Full day
Location: Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
Providing a behind the scenes look at post-production sound for narrative screen productions, this workshop gives students the opportunity to experiment with voice acting, performing sound effects and recording techniques using the university’s professional recording facilities.
Students will be introduced to the five key elements of sound design for cinema and screen media that are used to communicate story, setting, character and genre before designing their own sound scape for a short animation.