For health professionals
Seminars, workshops and other training opportunities.
Information on changes to the DSM-5.
Lectures by OTARC staff
Autism Europe conference, Italy 2010
- Social Attention in Development of Autism (Part 1) – Associate Professor Cheryl Dissanayake [YouTube]
- Social Attention in Development of Autism (Part 2) – Associate Professor Cheryl Dissanayake [YouTube]
- Lack of attention to referential cues explains difficulties in action understanding in autism (Part 1) – Dr Giacomo Vivanti [YouTube]
- Lack of attention to referential cues explains difficulties in action understanding in autism (Part 2) – Dr Giacomo Vivanti [YouTube]
Resources for professionals
- The Autism Research Policy Practice Hub of the Wales Autism Research Centre is open-access site that champions the use of research in policy and practice in the UK and beyond. They work to narrow the gap between research, practice and policy and promote evidence-based outcomes for people with autism.
- National Disability Insurance Scheme
- The International Association for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Allied Professions (IACAPAP) 2012 Declaration on Autism.
- 'Early Intervention for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder: Guidelines for Best Practice 2012' - Federal Department of Social Services
- The NDIS Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) Approach 2016 (pdf)
- The Victorian State Disability Plan, 2017- 2020
- Cracking the Enigma is an Autism Blog published by Dr Jon Brock, Australian Research Fellow at the ARC Centre for Cognition and its Disorders and the Department of Cognitive Science at Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia.
- The Autism Friendly Learning website by the Victorian Department of Education and Early Childhood Development http://www.education.vic.gov.au/about/programs/needs/Pages/autism.aspx
International autism organisations
- The Association for Science in Autism Treatment (ASAT) - information about autism and treatments.
- Autism Speaks - an organisation in the US aiming to raise public awareness about autism, assist service providers and fund global research. Autism Speaks Science Digest is its bi-weekly digest of science news, blog posts, feature profiles and more.
- Interactive Autism Network (USA) - an innovative online project bringing together people affected by ASDs.
- Interagency Autism Coordinating Committee (IACC) - an advisory committee in the US that coordinates efforts concerning ASDs.
- The Australasian Society for Autism Research (ASfAR) is a member based organisation devoted to advancing knowledge about Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASDs) through research and scholarship.
- Autism Research Centre (ARC) is a research centre at Cambridge University, UK.
- The MIND Institute (Medical Investigation of Neurodevelopmental Disorders) at the University of Californa, Davis, USA, is an international, multidisciplinary research organisation.
- The Wales Autism Research Centre (WARC) is a research centre at Cardiff University in Wales, UK.
- International Society of Autism Research provides scientific collaboration, mentorship, and education to better the lives of the individuals and families living with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Autism Spectrum Disorders – Canadian-American Research Consortium (ASD-CARC) is a group of researchers from institutions and laboratories across Canada and the United States, working with other researchers globally.
- Research Autism is the only UK charity exclusively dedicated to research into interventions in autism.
- Autism Centre of Excellence and Healthy Infant Development Laboratory is a centre in the US dedicated to understanding how brain structure and function contribute to the health and well-being of all children.
- The Autism Centre of Excellence at Griffith University in Queensland aims to improve the quality of life for children and adults with autism by supporting learning for children, providing training to parents and professionals, and by undertaking research.
- The Centre for Autism Spectrum Disorders at Bond University in Queensland is comitted to supporting the autism community through dissemination of research findings and provision of professional education initiatives.
- The Autism Institute at Florida State University in the US was established to coordinate and promote research, education and service related to autism spectrum disorders.