For families and individuals with Autism
What are Autism Spectrum Disorders and how common are they?
Ask an OTARC researcher a question
Common myths and misconceptions surrounding ASD.
Information for students, staff and parents.
Diagnostics, early intervention, educational services and other support:
Autism organisations in your State or Territory
National support networks and associations
- Raising Children Network – Children with Autism
A comprehensive parenting advice site with active forums.
- Early Days Workshops
For parents and carers of children aged under 6.
- Autism Aspergers Advocacy Australia A4
A lobby group for government policy.
- Children with Disability Australia (CDA)
- Autism Awareness Australia
Runs events and campaigns. NSW-based.
- ICAN Network
Provides transition mentoring and services for schools.
- Yellow Ladybugs
For autistic women and girls.
Your local council may also have information on services for people with autism.
- National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Victoria - Autism-Friendly Learning - for children up to 18 years of age
- New South Wales - Supports for children with autism
- Queensland - Learning support for children with special needs
- Western Australia - Department of Health and Wellbeing
- South Australia - Disability Support at school
- Tasmania - Autism Programs
- Northern Territory - Autism support at school
- Australian Capital Territory - Child Development Service - for children up to 12 years of age
Note: With the recent move towards funding support being provided nationally via the NDIS, the links here to each State's information mostly relate to education support, where available.