Virtual Open Day 2021 Techpack Competition Terms and Conditions
- La Trobe University (ABN 64 804 735 113) (“La Trobe”) is conducting a competition called the “Open Day 2021 - Competition” (“Competition”).
- These terms and conditions apply to the Competition and by submitting your entry you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Any entry that does not comply with these terms and conditions may be deemed invalid and ineligible to win a prize.
- The Competition is open from 9am 1 August 2021 to 11:59pm 31 August 2021 (“Competition Period”). Any entry received after the expiry of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries. La Trobe reserves the right to extend the Competition Period in its sole discretion.
- The Competition is only open to future prospective students resident in Victoria from one of the following categories:
- Year 11;
- Year 12;
- Recent School Leaver;
- Mature Age Student (21 years or older);
- Current student - other university undergraduate;
- Current student - other university postgraduate;
- University graduate - La Trobe;
- University graduate - other university;
- Current student - TAFE; and
- TAFE graduate
- The Competition is not open to La Trobe staff members (including their immediate family members) or staff members from La Trobe’s partner universities and/or partner secondary schools.
- Entrants less than 18 years old must obtain the consent of a parent or guardian to enter. La Trobe may request photographic ID as proof of an entrant’s age and request written evidence of parental or guardian consent (if applicable). Any entrant that is unable or unwilling to provide the requested information will not be eligible to win a prize.
- Entrants must:
- watch three (3) or more online events from La Trobe’s virtual open day, with the combined viewing time for those events to total more than 45 minutes;
- tell La Trobe:
- which events were watched;
- the name of the person who presented each event; and
- in fifty (50) words or less, what Entrants enjoyed most about their favourite event and why.
- Entry into the competition is free.
- Entrants may enter the Competition only once.
- Any entries deemed by La Trobe to be inappropriate or offensive will be ineligible to win a prize and excluded from the Competition.
- By submitting an entry, each entrant warrants to La Trobe that::
- if below 18 years of age, they have the permission of their parent or guardian to enter the Competition;
- all details provided with their entry are true and accurate;
- the entrant owns or has the right to submit their entry for this Competition
- their entry, and La Trobe’s use of their entry, will not:
- infringe any person’s copyright or other intellectual property rights;
- infringe any person’s privacy rights or any applicable privacy laws; or
- breach any other laws
- Each entrant grants to La Trobe a perpetual, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, publish and communicate their entry, including a right to sublicense it to other parties (including posting on La Trobe’s social media accounts), in any format for the purpose of the Competition and for La Trobe’s marketing and promotional purposes.
Judging and Prize
- La Trobe will judge all valid entries received within the Competition Period and select one (1) winner (“Prize Winner”) based on:
- correct spelling;
- correct event presenter and session details; and
- creativity in describing what Entrants enjoyed most about their favourite event and why,.
- This Competition is not a game of chance and chance plays no part in determining the Prize Winner..
- The prize will consist of the winner’s choice of a digital technology pack consisting of either:
- a custom-built PC from AfterShock up to the value of $5,000.00; or
- Apple products up to the value of $5,000.00
- The prize cannot be redeemed for cash.
- The Prize Winner will be notified in writing on or around 10 September 2021. The Prize Winner will also be published on La Trobe’s website and social media accounts.
- The decisions of La Trobe regarding the Prize Winner are final and will be binding on each entrant. No correspondence or communications will be entered into. If after reasonable efforts the Prize Winner cannot be contacted, cannot accept a prize or is deemed to be ineligible to enter the Competition, La Trobe reserves the right to select a different Prize Winner.
- If any event prevents or hinders the Competition or La Trobe’s ability to deliver a prize, La Trobe may in its absolute discretion cancel the Competition, select another Prize Winner or provide a similar prize of equivalent value.
- La Trobe may refuse to award a prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of the relevant entrant’s fraud, dishonesty, or non-entitlement under, or breach of, these terms and conditions. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of the person who submits an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email account from which the entry is submitted.
- Each entrant consents to La Trobe using any personal information supplied with their Entry for the purposes of the Competition, including publishing the winner’s name on the Competition website and alongside any exhibition or publication of the Entry, and for La Trobe’s marketing and promotional purposes.
Disclaimer and liability
- La Trobe accepts no responsibility for invalid, misdirected, lost or delayed entries, any incorrect or inaccurate information, any equipment or technical error, or for any defect in, theft, destruction, unauthorised access to or alteration of any Entry.
- To the extent permitted by law, La Trobe will not be liable for any injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or indirect) to persons or property as a result of any person entering the Competition or accepting or using any prize, including without limitation non-receipt of any prize.
- To the extent permitted by law, all warranties in respect of the prize, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, are excluded. To the extent such warranties cannot be excluded by law, but liability can lawfully be limited, liability is limited at La Trobe’s option to replacing the prize or the cost of replacing the prize or acquiring an equivalent item.
- This competition is conducted under, and must be construed by, the laws of the state of Victoria and the laws of Victoria govern the terms and conditions of this Competition.