Virtual Open Day Online Registration Competition Terms and Conditions
- By completing the registration form on or before Virtual Open Day you are deemed to have accepted all terms and conditions of the prize draw. Instructions on how to enter the draw and details advertising the prize draw form part of the conditions.
- La Trobe University ABN 64 804 735 113 (La Trobe) through its Marketing and Recruitment team is the promoter of the prize draw.
- These terms and conditions apply to the Competition. Any entry that does not comply with these terms and conditions may be deemed invalid and ineligible to win a prize.
- The Competition is open from 9.00 am Friday 26 June 2021 to 4:00 pm Friday 30 September 2021 (“Competition Period”). Any entry received after the expiry of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
- The Competition is only open to prospective students who reside in Victoria.
- Entrants less than 18 years old must obtain the consent of a parent or guardian to enter.
- The Competition may be entered by:
- completing the Virtual Open Day registration form and;
- attending the Virtual Open Day for a minimum duration of 20 minutes
- Entry into the Competition is free.
- In the event that an entrant attends both the Virtual Open Day and an on-campus experience before 30 September, they will receive a maximum of 2 entries to the Competition, otherwise an entrant will only receive one entry if they complete either the Virtual Open Day registration form and attend the Virtual Open Day.
- By submitting an entry, each entrant warrants to La Trobe that::
- if below 18 years of age, they have the permission of their parent or guardian to enter the Competition;
- all details provided with their entry are true and accurate;
- the entrant owns or has the right to submit their entry for this Competition
- their entry, and La Trobe’s use of their entry, will not:
- infringe any person’s copyright or other intellectual property rights;
- infringe any person’s privacy rights or any applicable privacy laws; or
- breach any other laws
- Each entrant grants to La Trobe a perpetual, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, publish and communicate their entry, including a right to sublicense it to other parties (including posting on La Trobe’s social media accounts, in any format for the purpose of the Competition and for La Trobe’s marketing and promotional purposes).
Judging and Prize
- The winners will be randomly drawn by La Trobe University Marketing and Recruitment at 12.00 pm on Wednesday 6 October 2021 at La Trobe University, Martin Building, La Trobe University Vic 3086.
- La Trobe will select one first prize winner and four minor prize winners for Virtual Open Day, who can select from the prize pool in sequential order.
- There are five prizes to be won. The prizes are as follows:
- 1 x Carlton Football Club AFL signed guernsey (valued at $300)
- 1 x Melbourne City Football Club A-League signed jersey (valued at $500)
- 2 x A-Reserve double passes to the Australian Ballet (valued at $800 each)
- 1 x National Gallery Victoria Triennial book ($80)
- The Prize Winners will be notified within 5 days after the prize is drawn.
- The decisions of La Trobe regarding Prize Winners are final and will be binding on each entrant. No correspondence or communications will be entered into. If after reasonable efforts a Prize Winner cannot be contacted after 14 days, cannot accept a prize or is deemed to be ineligible to enter the Competition, La Trobe reserves the right to select a different Prize Winner.
- If any event prevents or hinders the Competition or La Trobe’s ability to deliver a prize, La Trobe may in its absolute discretion cancel the Competition, select another Prize Winner or provide a similar prize of equivalent value.
- La Trobe may refuse to award a prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of the relevant entrant’s fraud, dishonesty, or non-entitlement under, or breach of, these terms and conditions. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of the person who submits an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email address provided with the entry.
- Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Each entrant consents to La Trobe using any personal information supplied with their Entry for the purposes of the Competition, including publishing the winner’s name on the Competition website and alongside any exhibition or publication of the Entry, and for La Trobe’s marketing and promotional purposes.
Disclaimer and liability
- La Trobe accepts no responsibility for invalid, misdirected, lost or delayed entries, any incorrect or inaccurate information, any equipment or technical error, or for any defect in, theft, destruction, unauthorised access to or alteration of any Entry.
- To the extent permitted by law, La Trobe will not be liable for any injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or indirect) to persons or property as a result of any person entering the Competition or accepting or using any prize, including without limitation non-receipt of any prize.
- To the extent permitted by law, all warranties in respect of the prize, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, are excluded. To the extent such warranties cannot be excluded by law, but liability can lawfully be limited, liability is limited at La Trobe’s option to replacing the prize or the cost of replacing the prize or acquiring an equivalent item.
- The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, La Trobe’s social media channels, including Facebook and Twitter, and any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Competition should be directed to La Trobe.
- Each entrant releases Facebook and Twitter from any and all liability for any loss, damage or injury arising out of or in relation to the Competition
- This competition is conducted under, and must be construed by, the laws of the state of Victoria and the laws of Victoria govern the terms and conditions of this Competition.