Open Day Competition - Terms and Conditions
- La Trobe University (ABN 64 804 735 113) (“La Trobe”) is conducting a competition called the “Win at Open Day Competition” (“Competition”).
- These terms and conditions apply to the Competition and by submitting your entry you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Any entry that does not comply with these terms and conditions may be deemed invalid and ineligible to win a prize.
- The Competition is open from 9AM 30 June 2023 to 11.59PM Sunday 27 August 2023 (“Competition Period”). Any entry received after the expiry of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries. La Trobe reserves the right to extend the Competition Period in its sole discretion.
- The Competition is open only to people who are residents of Victoria or New South Wales.
- Entrants less than 18 years old must obtain the consent of a parent or guardian to enter. La Trobe may request photographic ID as proof of an Entrant’s age and request written evidence of parental or guardian consent (if applicable). Any Entrant that is unable or unwilling to provide the requested information will not be eligible to win a prize.
- To enter the Competition Entrants must
- complete and submit their details via the 2023 registration form on the La Trobe website; and
- engage with the registration activity on the 2023 Open Day during the Competition Period.
- Incomplete entries that do not satisfy the above requirements will be ineligible to win a prize.
- Entry into the Competition is free.
- Entrants may enter the Competition once only.
- The competition is not open to La Trobe staff members (including their immediate family members).
- Any entries deemed by La Trobe to be inappropriate or offensive will be ineligible to win a prize and excluded from the Competition.
- By submitting an entry, each Entrant warrants to La Trobe that:
- if below 18 years of age, they have the permission of their parent or guardian to enter the Competition;
- all details provided with their entry are true and accurate;
- the Entrant owns or has the right to submit their entry for this Competition;
- the Entrant will comply with these Terms and Conditions;
- their entry, and La Trobe’s use of their entry, will not:
- infringe any person’s copyright or other intellectual property rights;
- infringe any person’s privacy rights or any applicable privacy laws; or
- breach any other laws.
- Each Entrant grants to La Trobe a perpetual, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, publish and communicate their entry, including a right to sublicense it to other parties (including posting on La Trobe’s social media accounts), in any format for the purpose of the Competition and for La Trobe’s marketing and promotional purposes.
Judging and Prizes
- Following conclusion of the Competition Period, on the date of 6 September 2023, on or around 10.00AM, La Trobe will hold a prize draw at its Melbourne Campus (Plenty Road & Kingsbury Drive, Bundoora, Victoria, 3086) (“the Draw”), where 10 Entrants will be randomly drawn to win 1 Prize each (“Prize Winners”) (total of 10 Prize Winners).
- La Trobe may draw additional reserve entries (“Reserve Winners”) in case of the circumstances outlined in clauses 23 to 25 or any other circumstances hindering delivery of Prize or validity of a draw or entry. Reserve Winners will only receive a Prize in such circumstances.
The order in which a Reserve Winner may be chosen to receive a Prize in such circumstances will be the order in which they are drawn.
La Trobe will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the draw on request.
The Prize Winner is determined by chance.
- Each Prize will consist of:
- 1 x MasterCard voucher of $1,000.
- The Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash.
- If the Prize is provided by a third party , it is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party, which prevail over these terms and conditions to the extent of any inconsistency. La Trobe accepts no responsibility for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, or otherwise concerning the prize itself.
- For the avoidance of doubt, each Prize Winner is only entitled to one prize.
- The Prize Winners will be notified within 14 days after the Draw date by email and, in the discretion of La Trobe, by telephone, using the details provided in their pre-registration form. Following confirmed contact with each Prize Winner, La Trobe will send the relevant Prize in digital form via email. Prize Winners will also be published on La Trobe’s website and social media accounts for a minimum of 28 days. Entrants consent to such publication.
- La Trobe takes no responsibility for a Prize Winner not using the Prize before its expiry date. The Prizes will be purchased by La Trobe on or around September 2023 and have a 6 month validity period.
- The decisions of La Trobe regarding Entrant eligibility and Prize Winners are final and will be binding on each Entrant. No correspondence or communications will be entered into. If after reasonable efforts a Prize Winner cannot be contacted, cannot accept a prize or is deemed to be ineligible to enter the Competition, La Trobe reserves the right to select a different Prize Winner and will publish the details of any different Prize Winner on La Trobe’s website.
- If any event prevents or hinders the Competition or La Trobe’s ability to deliver a prize, La Trobe may in its absolute discretion cancel the Competition, select another Prize Winner or provide a similar prize of equivalent value.
- La Trobe may refuse to award a prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of the relevant Entrant’s fraud, dishonesty, or non-entitlement under, or breach of, these terms and conditions. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of the person who submits an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email account with which the entry is submitted.
- Each Entrant consents to La Trobe using any personal information supplied or connected with their entry for the purposes of the Competition and for La Trobe’s marketing and promotional purposes.
Disclaimer and liability
- La Trobe accepts no responsibility for invalid, misdirected, lost or delayed entries, any incorrect or inaccurate information, any equipment or technical error, or for any defect in, theft, destruction, unauthorised access to or alteration of any entry.
- To the extent permitted by law, La Trobe will not be liable for any injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or indirect) to persons or property as a result of any person entering the Competition or accepting or using any prize, including without limitation non-receipt of any prize.
- To the extent permitted by law, all warranties in respect of the prize, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, are excluded. To the extent such warranties cannot be excluded by law but liability can lawfully be limited, liability is limited at La Trobe’s option to replacing the prize or the cost of replacing the prize or acquiring an equivalent item.
- The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, La Trobe’s social media channels , including Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, YouTube, Google, Microsoft, Mastercard and Spotify, nor by or with any of the companies or organisations associated with any vouchers or other Prizes; and any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Competition should be directed to La Trobe.
- Each Entrant releases Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, YouTube, Spotify, Google, Microsoft, Mastercard and any other companies or organisations described in the above clause 31 from any and all liability for any loss, damage or injury arising out of or in relation to the Competition.
- This competition is conducted under, and must be construed by, the laws of the state of Victoria and the laws of Victoria govern the terms and conditions of this Competition.
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other information, documents communications or representations relating to the Competition, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.