2016 event recordings
Education Revolution - What happened to the clever country?
Wednesday 23 November 06:30 pm
Free speech - how far is too far?
Streamed live on 27 October 2016 6:30pm
Has Facebook killed the news?
Streamed live on 22 September 2016 6:30pm-8:00pm
- Hugh Martin is a lecturer in journalism with the Department of Communications and Media at La Trobe University where he coordinates the Master of Communication (Journalism Innovation) program.
- Mark Civitella lectures at La Trobe University on social media use in political communication.
- Jane Caro is an author, novelist, lecturer, mentor, social commentator, columnist, workshop facilitator, speaker, broadcaster and award winning advertising writer.
Is gambling a bigger threat to sport than drugs?
Streamed live on Thursday 25 August, 6.30 pm.
- Russell Hoye Russell Hoye is Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research Development) and Director of La Trobe Sport.
- Catherine Ordway Catherine Ordway is a Professor of Practice (Sports Management) at La Trobe University and a specialist in anti-doping and code of conduct disputes.
- Nick McKenzie is one of Australia’s leading investigative journalists. He has won Australia’s highest journalism award, the Walkley award, seven times for his investigations including police corruption, corporate corruption, organised crime and doping in sport
- Paul Marsh Paul Marsh has been the AFL Players’ Association CEO since 2014. He was previously the CEO of the Australian Cricketers’ Association (ACA).
Family violence and alcohol: Where to from here?
Streamed live on Thursday 19 May, 6.30 pm.
- Professor Angela Taft Professor Angela Taft is a public health social scientist and Director of the Judith Lumley Centre
- Dr Anne-Marie Laslett Dr Anne-Marie Laslett is a public health research fellow at the Centre for Alcohol Policy Research (CAPR) at La Trobe University
- Clementine Ford Clementine Ford is a Melbourne based writer, speaker and feminist thinker.
- Deputy Commissioner Capability Wendy Steendam APM Deputy Commissioner Capability Wendy Steendam APM joined Victoria Police in 1984 and has 30 years policing experience.
Islam: What are we afraid of?
Streamed live on Tuesday 5 April, 11.30 am.
- Emeritus Professor Robert Manne, Convenor of the La Trobe Ideas and Society program.
- Waleed Aly, broadcaster, author, academic, musician and one of Australia's most respected and versatile media talents.
Autism: Disability or Ability?
Streamed live on Wednesday 24 February, 2016, 6.30 pm.
- Professor Cheryl Dissanayake, Director, Olga Tennison Autism Research Centre (OTARC)
- Associate Professor Amanda Richdale, co-founder of the Autism Victoria (now Amaze) Research Reference Group
- Judy Brewer AO, chair of Autism CRC
- John Doyle, actor, comedian and screenwriter.
- Nik Nikoliev. Nik is an adult with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and was diagnosed in 2005.