The event will be both informative and fun, with welcome marquees, free food, expo sites and demonstrations – plus experts and past students explaining where a La Trobe degree can lead.
A highlight of this year’s event will be the Careers and Employability Hub, where visitors can chat to past students about the exciting jobs they have secured after graduation.
Hamish Morcom – a La Trobe Bendigo education graduate – is among 15 local alumni who will share their career successes on Open Day. Now working as an occupational therapist at Bendigo Special Development School, Hamish helps students develop their fine motor skills and overcome mobility issues.
Head of Campus, Mr Robert Stephenson, said anyone considering study at La Trobe should take advantage of this exciting opportunity to tour the campus, ask questions and learn from the experts.
“We have staff and students from a wide variety of disciplines ready to talk about course options – and to demonstrate some of the hi-tech equipment and excellent facilities we have here in Bendigo,” he said.
“It is also a chance to see first-hand how welcoming and relaxed the La Trobe Bendigo campus is, and find out more about student life, including sporting clubs, societies, and on-campus accommodation,” he said.
At Open Day this year visitors can:
- Swing by the Aspire Community Hub to learn about La Trobe’s exciting early admissions program
- Plunge into the unique ‘thoughtograph’ activity, watching their thoughts about a piece of art come alive as a colourful drawing for everyone to see!
- Find out how fit and healthy the whole family is – and how they compare with high-performing athletes – under the guidance of exercise physiology experts
- Get hands-on with the campus’ engineering demos; see hourly testing of materials and check out surveying and GPS demonstrations
- Visit the dog behaviour and cognition laboratory and learn about this fascinating specialised field
Anyone wishing to attend can start planning via the La Trobe Open Day App, which enables people to design their own personalised program, or find out more on La Trobe’s website.
Media enquiries: Kate O'Connor on 5444 7415 or 0401 960 023