VC presents strategy to Mildura
La Trobe University’s Vice-Chancellor, Professor Paul Johnson was in Mildura on August 6 to present the Regional Strategic Plan 2009 – 2012 to the community and Mayor’s of Mildura and Wentworth.
The Regional Strategic Plan is a bold plan designed to benefit the economic, social and cultural fabric of rural communities including Mildura. It aims to increase student places at its regional campuses by 20%, which will greatly improve education in the region.
‘It’s a major stride forward for regional higher education, and it follows the Federal Government’s vote of confidence in the University with a $60 million Budget allocation,’ said Professor Johnson.
Professor Johnson formally presented the Regional Strategy to Mildura's Mayor, Glen Milne and Wentworth's Mayor, Marg Thomson.
At a glance:
The Regional Strategic Plan 2009 – 2012
Some performance measures that will determine the success of La Trobe University’s Regional Strategic Plan 2009 – 2012 include:
1. Increase demand for higher education
• Increase participation levels of identified student equity groups by 10%
• Increase international student population on regional campuses by 50%.
2. Remove or lessen structural barriers to make it easier to study in regional Victoria
• Share planning with local partners (including local government).
3. Conduct high impact research relevant to regional communities
• Increase level and depth of research on and across each campus.
4. Increase engagement with the community
• Build research partnerships with communities.
Media and Communications Officer
03 9479 5353 ; 0411 268 948.