LiDs Annual Roundtable presentations now available for download.
This year’s theme: Community Participation and People with Cognitive Disabilities: How is it understood and what does it take to support it?
We are very grateful to all the speakers for making their presentations available.
Big ideas about community participation
- Dr Stacy Clifford Simplican – Conceptualising community participation - what are we counting and measuring
- Professor Jennifer Clegg – Living in liquid modernity.
- Dr Ilan Wiesel – Perspectives on inclusion from urban geography - convivial encounter
- Dr Emma Bould - Dogs as a catalyst for convivial encounters
- Dr Jens Ineland – Organisational perspectives on community participation
Programs to support community participation of people with cognitive disability
- Professor Christine Bigby – Effective interventions for community participation of people with intellectual disabilities
- Professor Jacinta Douglas – Creating community connections for people with acquired brain injury
Bigger Picture approaches to supporting community participation
- Amanda Pagan & Daniel Leighton – Where do the Local Area Coordination programs fit in supporting community participation
- Gordon Duff – How can research inform NDIS policy and approaches to community participation
Contact us to inquire about presenters or if you have any other queries, contact Louise Dixon on +61 39479 3826 or Lids@latrobe.edu.au